Background input & Multiple controllers?

Leo Lion

Reputable
May 29, 2015
Is there some global way to lock input/focus on PC games? Similar to the way borderlands works when the window is out of focus. I can run two instances(with sandboxie) of Borderlands on two separate displays with two different controllers and they won't interfere with one another. Testing other games though haven't had any luck. I've recently discovered border-less window mode which helps with the annoyance of alt-tabbing, but neither controllers respond when not clicked on(in focus). Is there a workaround, or does it simply depend on the game? I've tried this on numerous games, but haven't had any luck. I'm trying to get this to work with dbz xenoverse. Please oh please tell me there is a way.

Solution
No.
This is a common problem with PC games, and outside of something like Sandboxie, it doesn't work right on a single computer.
Unless you used actual virtual computers, which will destroy most computers, mainly because GPUs aren't setup for virtualization.
It's really that the GPU can only sort of recieve 1 command at once, from 1 cpu.

You can build a really nice 2nd player computer for only $400-500 dollars though, it's not gonna be as nice as your player 1 computer, but it doesn't need to be.
No.
This is a common problem with PC games, and outside of something like Sandboxie, it doesn't work right on a single computer.
Unless you used actual virtual computers, which will destroy most computers, mainly because GPUs aren't setup for virtualization.
It's really that the GPU can only sort of recieve 1 command at once, from 1 cpu.

You can build a really nice 2nd player computer for only $400-500 dollars though, it's not gonna be as nice as your player 1 computer, but it doesn't need to be.

Solution