Backup and restore

whateverdude

Proper
Jun 21, 2018
It's like Google got all the smart guys and Microsoft got all the re*****.
There is no way to convince "backup and restore" that my G partition ain't a system one.(It's not located on C drive).
Deleted everything in G...G still system partition.
Deleted everything and changed letter from G to whatever...that partition still system partition.
Deleted the partition and made a new one....G no longer a system one....nice.
Copied back it's files....G again a system partition...****.
G has only some programs installed there is no way that this should make G a system partition.(no startup programs whatsoever)
So the only way to make a system image is to set the drive G is offline...which is inconvenient since i usually use it.
Any thoughts ?

whateverdude

Proper
Jun 21, 2018

Well exactly what i am saying it's not system because it cannot have a bootloader and microsoft are morons.
Why it cannot have a bootloader?
1)Because bootloader is on C:...as usual.
2)Because i already deleted that partition(not the files in it) and made a new one
3)Because it's on a dynamic disk
4)Because disk manager doesn't write system,boot or active on it.
Probably there are more reasons i cannot think of right now.
Screenshots are here:
https://imgur.com/a/UlQEcFO
As you can see i can't just make a disk image of just my C drive that this tool can clearly make...because microsoft wouldn't like that.

Bootloader should not be on C: . It should be on a separate partition. You have there non-standart partition configuration.

Probably contents of G: somehow trick System Image tool, that it should be treated as system.
Can you show the contents (hidden files visible)?
Why did you make it Dynamic?

whateverdude

Proper
Jun 21, 2018
My partitions are 100% standard. What do you mean?
Nothing weird with my files
https://imgur.com/a/YrIpW4t
As i said in my first post there are some installed programs there and that's why windows flag it as system.

Just deleting the partition and recreating it didn't unflag it as system even with no files in it.
I had to delete it merge it with the main partition and then cut it back again.
To do so i had to make the disk dynamic.
But since it's not a boot drive that has no drawbacks.
so why not?

And like i said coping back the files to it reflag it as system.

Can you uninstall those programs from G: and reinstall them on C: ?

Anyway - standard partition config would be this one. Yours' definitely not standard.
dep-win10-partitions-bios.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...configure-biosmbr-based-hard-drive-partitions

whateverdude

Proper
Jun 21, 2018
Windows will only create a system partition if they are been installed on an unformatted Drive.
If there is already a formatted partition in it they won't create it.
A image search on the "disk management windows 10" will show that about 50% of the cases are just like mine so nothing to be alarmed of.

I'm not installing them on C i reserve the space for my games...