Bad cable managment

Sep 20, 2018
This is my first time posting on this site and im not that big of a pc problem solver.

So i bought a GTX 1050 TI + I5 3570 pre made pc.

I was enjoying it for some time.Then i noticed some cables were touching the gpu some cables are close to cpu n stuff. And I got over that by time.

One day I left my pc idling like no programs opened fans were spinning like crazy (case fan, and the gpu fan) cpu was fine.

My dad walked into the room and said something burning, then i turned off the pc checked everything and it was fine. On the next startup it was normal...

Any tips for that not happening again and cable managment

Sep 20, 2018

I did and solver the cable managment problem now im just worried for that thing with fans and burnt smell

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
The burnt smell could be attributed to a number of factors. I would just check the PC every now and then and try not to leave it unattended. But seriously, something as small as a little bit of thermal paste burning off could've made that smell.

The fans was likely your system getting hot and the fan curve ramping up to keep it cool.

Just monitor your system temps. Do you need a guide on how hot things should be allowed to get?

Sep 20, 2018

Im not good enough to check the thermal paste on the processor