Question Bad Cmos can't press F1 on my keyboard

Nov 14, 2022
I've read so many of these threads and haven't found a solution.
I have a Maxsun B660 motherboard
Intel i5 12400
2x16g ddr4
This is a new build and I haven't even had the chance to use it for the first time.
Everything powers on okay but I'm getting a message that reads "bad cmos! Press F1 to reset BIOS recovery settings.
Everytime I press F1 im not getting any response. The motherboard does not have a port for ps/2 keyboards. I really don't want to return this.
I've checked the battery with a multimeter and it's fine and I've cleared the cmos by jumping.
Someone please help.

Nov 14, 2022
What if you don't have a ps/2 port on the motherboard and the problem persists after checking the battery with a multimeter and clearing the cmos. I'm having the same issue and I can't resort to switching keyboards since the motherboard is incompatible.

What if you don't have a ps/2 port on the motherboard and the problem persists after checking the battery with a multimeter and clearing the cmos. I'm having the same issue and I can't resort to switching keyboards since the motherboard is incompatible.

It should work with one of the USB 2.0 ports?

Albeit my motherboard has a PS/2 port, it works with any USB keyboard, so I guess that the PS/2 was there for redundancy.

Nov 14, 2022
It should work with one of the USB 2.0 ports?

Albeit my motherboard has a PS/2 port, it works with any USB keyboard, so I guess that the PS/2 was there for redundancy.
I'm going to try powering off, changing the 2.0 to the next and so on until I've tried them all. I don't think I've done that yet I've only tried two of the 6 I have. 4 back 2 front.

Latest posts