Question bad gpu smell coming from power connectors

Mar 31, 2023
so i was playing forza5 and suddenly the pc turned off then turned on, while it turning on i smelled a strong burning plastic, i turned off the pc so quick and when i opened it up it was the GPU, nothing is burned but the strong smell is coming from power connecters, the board appeared fine, the gpu is Gigabyte windforce 3x fans GTX 980 and the power supply is Evga 650 bq, should i try to run the gpu again or that would be a hazard, also is this fixable or should i just throw the gpu ? i think getting new power connecters would fix it? also i tried another GPU in the same pc and it ran fine and the psu is still fine.

Mar 31, 2023
Define power connectors.

is this a factory built PC?

Full system specs?

What is your experience level with computers?
sry ive bad english but i mean the place where power cables are connected, the 8 pin cable, its not factory i built it, i bought the gpu used and been usin it for year and half specs are i3 9100f 8gb ram h310 motherboard, could the problem happend cause i applied voltage via msi afterburner ? but i heard its safe, also i set the power limit to 125% but isnt that normal since msi afterburner allows it ? ive some experience with PCs not a newbie.