Bad memory? included mem test results inside

froobs

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
https://imgur.com/a/z4IFrgI

i tested 4 sticks, instead of one by one since corsair wants all dimms sent for rma, and these are my results, im not sure if my cpu or ram is dead or the ram slot, could anyone analyze these results and let me know. thanks

Solution

The most likely cause of the errors is the memory stick itself. Intel CPU memory controllers are nearly always not the cause. One is never 100% certain, of course. But high probability.
You can test the sticks individually. If you find an error on every stick (highly unlikely), then the mem controller would be a consideration. But I suspect you'll find one stick with the errors.

froobs

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
just curious since ive read memtest errors could mean some other probs such as bvad cpu or bad mem controller and has me worried, bad slots etc, i really hate rmaing and last thing i want to do is tear it apart

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The most likely cause of the errors is the memory stick itself. Intel CPU memory controllers are nearly always not the cause. One is never 100% certain, of course. But high probability.
You can test the sticks individually. If you find an error on every stick (highly unlikely), then the mem controller would be a consideration. But I suspect you'll find one stick with the errors.

Solution