[SOLVED] Bad memory score

Dec 26, 2021
Hey! My first post on this forum. I'm have been putting together my old PC for use with my newly bought racing sim rig. (merry christmas Emil)
It has an AMD FX 8350, 16gb ram and a Geforce GTX 970. All good enough for the games I'm using. I recently found this Userbenchmark site. Was kinda fun comparing results and stuff.

My question is why my memory score is so much lower than the cpu score. Cpu score is 71% (slightly overclocked) and the memory only 47%. DOCP is enabled and 1600mhz is the maximum speed the motherboard allows.
Is the mb the reason or have I messed up some settings. I have updated all the drivers and the BIOS. The score was even lower before.

Thankful for any tips! Benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48935079

/Emil
<<MOD EDIT for profanity >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
UBM is a composite of all the systems that people run the benchmark on. As time passes and newer systems run the benchmark, everything older slowly loses score. It doesn't mean your system is less capable than it ever was, but that it's less performance than the curve of newer hardware.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
UBM is a composite of all the systems that people run the benchmark on. As time passes and newer systems run the benchmark, everything older slowly loses score. It doesn't mean your system is less capable than it ever was, but that it's less performance than the curve of newer hardware.

Solution
Hey! My first post on this forum. I'm have been putting together my old PC for use with my newly bought racing sim rig. (merry christmas Emil)
It has an AMD FX 8350, 16gb ram and a Geforce GTX 970. All good enough for the games I'm using. I recently found this Userbenchmark site. Was kinda fun comparing results and stuff.

My question is why my memory score is so much lower than the cpu score. Cpu score is 71% (slightly overclocked) and the memory only 47%. DOCP is enabled and 1600mhz is the maximum speed the motherboard allows.
Is the mb the reason or have I messed up some settings. I have updated all the drivers and the BIOS. The score was even lower before.

Thankful for any tips! Benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48935079

/Emil
<<MOD EDIT for profanity >>
Wonder how having an unsupported cpu effects the benchmark.
Do you have core unlocker and turbo turned on?
Do you have the latest chipset driver?

Dec 26, 2021
Yeah I understand how the scoring works. But to me the memorys should perform better. It says''Performing below potential'' as well.

I have tried both the unclocker and turbo on and off. dosen't seem to make a difference. I'm currently running 4200mhz manually overclocked from 4000mhz. It seems to be most stable that way.

Yes the latest chipset driver is installed.

/Emil