Bad mousepad tracking?

Solution
There is a mouse pad calibration setting that you could use if tracking becomes an issue on third party mouse pads such as the one you linked. However, In most cases I would avoid using it entirely as it brings up issues in consistency which can be annoying when gaming competitively. Most of the time you should be fine just using the mouse pad, and I wouldn't be too worried in your situation as the fully black mouse pad should make tracking a breeze for the mouse.

hunt909

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
There is a mouse pad calibration setting that you could use if tracking becomes an issue on third party mouse pads such as the one you linked. However, In most cases I would avoid using it entirely as it brings up issues in consistency which can be annoying when gaming competitively. Most of the time you should be fine just using the mouse pad, and I wouldn't be too worried in your situation as the fully black mouse pad should make tracking a breeze for the mouse.

Solution

portmountain

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
I bought this mousepad a few week ago. My old mousepad was a Steelseries. I use a RazerNaga and play FPS games like Overwatch.

In my opinion, the mousepad has negatively impacted my performance. Something about the texture quality on top of the mousepad feels "slippery"; and while my mouse glides over the pad with ease, the tracking doesn't seem to be par with my old
Steelseries. Even after multiple calibration attempts I can still see a noticeable difference in precision.

The mousepad itself is made well and works fine for games that aren't as contingent on precise tracking, but if you are a FPS player I would recommend opting for a more mainstream, namebrand mousepad.

The Corsair MM300 Extended is only $15 on sale and comes highly recommended.