Question Bad ping only on Minecraft servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2020
This issue only happened recently where I get pretty bad ping on every Minecraft server I play (90-200 ms)

• I've tried connecting on different proxies and they're all servers in my region so it shouldn't lag.
  • I've been playing minecraft for about 4 years now and this is the first time it happened.
  • I still get good ping on other games such as Rocket League, CSGO, and Valorant.
  • I also tried pinging google and the ip of the servers I connect to on cmd.exe and I got an average of 13 ms but when I actually connect to the server I get 90-200 ms

This seems really weird and I don't know if theres something in the minecraft files that made my ping spike a lot but hope you guys can help, thanks!

Dec 7, 2020
Instead of "ping" try "tracert" and target the Minecraft servers.

Do a few " tracert's" at different times of the day.,

Post a couple of the results that are most representative of all results.
I did a tracert today from the servers I was having bad ping on and it was 9 ms. It's not letting me put the gyazo link in thoughh

Apr 5, 2021
i'm having the exact same issue, my wifi is fine and my ping is fine on different games
tpe5o0z.png

But on every minecraft server, even if it is an EU server close to where i live, i still get ~200 ping
jdwx712.png

This never used to happen up until a few months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.