Bad pool caller (need help)

Nickz_16

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
So for the past 2 days i have been getting the bad pool caller blue screen error and dont even get on the 2TB HDD for 2 minutes before it restarts (i am currently using my 1TB HDD) i have tried running programs such as disk check to try fix it but it keeps saying nothing is wrong. I am able to plug it in as a secondary hdd to view the files and no restarts happen or anything. Does anyone know of a fix for this or have any suggestions?

PC SPECS:
OS - windows 10 64bit
GPU - ZOTAC GTX 970
CPU - i7 4790k @4GHZ
RAM - 16GB ram 2x8GB DDR3 @1866mhz
MOBO - MSI H81M-E34
dual monitor benq GL2450 24 inch

Solution
I would think this bugcheck is most likely caused by the two overclocking drivers you have installed.
system up time was 5 minutes 23 seconds.
(I would remove the GPU overclocking or both the CPU and GPU overclocking for this error)

the bugcheck shown in the memory dump provided was bugcheck 0x119
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

this is common when you run GPU and CPU overclocking software.
try and uninstall both of these this overclocking drivers:
(Part of AMD Fuel )
C:\Program Files\AMD\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014
and this overclocking driver:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\Drivers\IocDriver\64bit\iocbios2.sys Thu May 28 13:42:10 2015

you should also update your...
Hi Nickz_16.

The error is not related to your hard disk drive, or drives.

A bad pool header, or a bad pool call is related to your system memory of the system.

All data from your hard drive when read, or written to has to pass through the main system memory, or to and from it.
And that is where the error is happening.

The causes.

If the system memory is over clocked either manually or by a selected XMP profile for the memory.
The cure. lower the clock speed of the system memory set in the bios of the motherboard, test the system when the memory is set at a lower clock speed to see if the errors stop.

Over clocked memory is more likely to produce errors, and that is exactly what XMP mode is for memory over clocking it.
The second can be down to a fact the memory is over clocked.
But the amount of voltage set for the memory is set to low in voltage to allow it to run stable.

The harder or faster memory is over clocked the more voltage is required to keep it stable under operation, and when the memory is asked to do intensive tasks or work load.

Under powered and it will start to produce errors such as a bad pool header message, a call for data from memory or a block of it where the data is expected to be read from, or written too.

Or data where it is expected to be found or stored in the block requested.

You can manually adjust the amount of voltage fed to the memory sticks, modules via the bios and the advanced options menu of it if a UEFI enabled bios.

Increase the voltage manually by 0.250 to 0.500Mv millivolts on the memory.
Save the new changes before you exit the bios of the motherboard.

Test the system to see if the error messages have stopped.
Also while you are in the bios verify that the memory timing and latency values of the memory have been set correctly by bios auto detection.

If they differ from the information found on a sticker of the memory module it`s self then correct them to the correct values stated manually in the bios of the board.

Power supply`s also can cause memory to be unstable, because they have a 3.3v power rail on them.
Used to supply the voltage to the motherboard for memory modules.

So if the power supply is old in any way, at least test the system with another power supply if at hand Nickz_16.

Pool is a windows term for memory used by device drivers. A bad pool caller is a device driver attempting to use a memory location that is not currently assigned to it. For example, a driver frees up a data block, then later frees up the same block again. The second call would generate the bugcheck. There. can be many causes for this error. You might want to put your memory on a server like Microsoft one drive, share the file for public access and post a link. Memory dumps are in c:\windows\minidump directory by default

Most. Common fix would be to updAte your drivers from your motherboard vendors website.

Nickz_16

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

How do i put my memory on a server, not to sure what you mean and it wont let me open the .dmp file

Sorry, memory dmp file.
You have to copy the file to a new location because windows owns the default directory. Ie set up a free cloud account with google or OneDrive.

You can copy the file to any file share provider.

You can also download bluescreenview.exe or whocrashed.exe
To for an automated read or the memory dump. It has limited success but might name a driver to update.

Nickz_16

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

I have uploaded it to dropbox heres the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/md643qe9a3bam5l/051916-38843-01.dmp?dl=0

I would think this bugcheck is most likely caused by the two overclocking drivers you have installed.
system up time was 5 minutes 23 seconds.
(I would remove the GPU overclocking or both the CPU and GPU overclocking for this error)

the bugcheck shown in the memory dump provided was bugcheck 0x119
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

this is common when you run GPU and CPU overclocking software.
try and uninstall both of these this overclocking drivers:
(Part of AMD Fuel )
C:\Program Files\AMD\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014
and this overclocking driver:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\Drivers\IocDriver\64bit\iocbios2.sys Thu May 28 13:42:10 2015

you should also update your motherboard drivers to the current versions
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H81M-E34.html#down-driver&Win10 64
(make sure this is the correct motherboard, they have updates that came out after windows 10 build 10240.16841
came out)

you also have some old drivers installed:
Power Technology's DFX Audio Enhancer
might be a current version here:http://www.fxsound.com/dfx/download.php
\system32\drivers\dfx11_1x64.sys Tue Aug 28 12:10:34 2012

Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver
\System32\drivers\ISCTD64.sys Tue Nov 27 11:52:34 2012

\DRIVERS\vbaudio_vmvaio64_win7.sys Mon Apr 21 02:05:09 2014 (I would check to see if you can find a update)

machine info:
BIOS Version V17.5
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 03/30/2015
Manufacturer MSI
Product Name MS-7817
Version 3.0
Product H81M-E34 (MS-7817)
Version 3.0
Chassis Type Desktop
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 4000MHz

memory part number: 99U5471-054.A00LF kingston at 1600Mhz

Solution

Nickz_16

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

Ok i have just uninstalled both the overclocking drivers now, was VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR the only error it had?

EDIT: my bad i just checked the dates that file is from the 19th i have one from the 29th going to upload that one also

Nickz_16

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

Uninstalled the overclocking programs completely from the computer and it is working fine now will run it overnight just to be sure it is sorted, will be sure to go update the motherboard drivers and windows 10 now.
Thanks for the info and help on this johnbl dont know what i would have done without you :)

TRENDING THREADS