Question Bad PS4 connection speed when computer is connected to router via ethernet cable

Mar 29, 2019
The Situation : When my computer is on and connected directly to the router, my PS4 internet connection drops massively. When the computer is turned off I get around 5Mbps download speed (30-40 ping), but when the computer is turned on the download speed is between (1-2.5Mbps) (100-300 ping not stable) Note : I use TP-Link AV600 Powerline Starter Kit (TL-PA4010) which I connect directly to my PS4 via ethernet cable. I had the same problem with my other router so I'm almost certain it isn't due to the router.

Router Model : TP Link 300Mbps Wireless N USB VDSL/ADSL Modem Router TD-29970
PS4 Model
: Standard PS4 model as far as I'm aware.

Restrictions: I cannot move the router anywhere else and at the moment my current broadband only offers me a maximum of 7Mbps download speed.

Any reasons this could be happening?

Mar 29, 2019
Is the PC downloading stuff? Windows updates? Updating local installations?

When was the last time you ran an anti-malware application on it. Could be infested with netbots all serving some remote purpose.
Computer is fine as far as I'm aware. Just recently switched which computer I'm using and the same problem was happening with the other one too.