Bad WiFi connection on good computer.

blackhawk23518

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Hello, I bought a computer about 2 months ago and the PC seems to have really bad WiFi connection. Every other device in the house seems to get full bars, but the PC i am using is usually 2 or 3 bars behind.

Please, I need help on fixing this, I am willing to pay a bit of money to get this fixed if needed.

Here is the PC that has bad WiFi connection, and I bought pretty recently.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227506

PLEASE HELP!

Solution
Both of those are usb based wireless cards. Go with whatever has a good review, but remember to disable the onboard wireless in the device manager when you install one of those.

Getting a usb wireless stick was what I had in mind for you as it is easy to install and does not require opening the system.

blackhawk23518

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

I am sorry, but where is the antenna? The router? Or on the computer?

There is none on the computer but two antennas on the router,

Well they must have an internal antenna in the computer. You could try to move the router and see if the signal gets better.

Absolute worse case, getting another wireless adapter may be an option(at least that way you can move it with an extension cable or use external antennas if it supports them).

Both of those are usb based wireless cards. Go with whatever has a good review, but remember to disable the onboard wireless in the device manager when you install one of those.

Getting a usb wireless stick was what I had in mind for you as it is easy to install and does not require opening the system.

Solution