Question BAD_POOL_CALLER BsoD with details and minidumps

Tornik

Honorable
Feb 16, 2017
So I've been having major issues with various BSoD errors (KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR , SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and more) - mainly while gaming - for almost a year. Previously this proved difficult to troubleshoot because there was no minidump file being created after BSoD and reboot, however after running Driver Verifier and rebooting, I just encountered a BsoD with some details, so thought I'd ask for help with this information in hand:

The BSoD in question was BAD_POOL_CALLER, with the error info also saying it was Wdf01000.sys that failed. I found five minidump files in the usual Windows folder for dumps, plus another log file was suggested by Windows in /System32/Logfiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt.

Here's the zip archive with all six files included
Here's my Speccy snapshot

Last edited:

Tornik

Honorable
Feb 16, 2017
I've managed to track down the offending driver for this BSoD - there is only one driver that makes Driver Verifier turn up the BSoD and reboot the system, and it is one for a racing simulation hardware, specifically the Fanatec CSL Elite loadcell pedals I use.

I've checked the Fanatec downloads' page for an older driver, but only the latest one is available for download. Is there anything I can do when I only have this one version of the driver, to prevent it from causing this system conflict and make sure it runs normally? e.g. install it using some compatibility settings, etc?