BAD_POOL_CALLER Windows 10 BSOD

lhanna100

Reputable
Feb 10, 2016
For the past 3 days I have been having randomly occurring BSODs on startup or during/right after login.

Here's the minidump:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5br70d1ziun1y0a/012316-35546-01.dmp?dl=0

If it helps at all, from WinDBG, it seems that "bcmwl163a" is the cause of the BSOD.
Any solutions (believe it or not, BSODs are annoying), explanations as to what is causing it and why, or even just explaining what bcmwl163a is, is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Drivers for your wireless adapter, not the router. A router doesnt use drivers, it uses firmware for updates

It's a Dell Inspiron then?? Intel is the CPU thats in it. You would have to find out what the exact model is then either do a search for it in Google. Or go to the Dell site and search for it

lhanna100

Reputable
Feb 10, 2016

I'm not so experienced with drivers. Would I check my routers website, or do you mean the driver for my wireless adapter, inside the computer? If so, I'm clueless as to what website to check for driver updates for an Intel Inspiron laptop.

Drivers for your wireless adapter, not the router. A router doesnt use drivers, it uses firmware for updates

It's a Dell Inspiron then?? Intel is the CPU thats in it. You would have to find out what the exact model is then either do a search for it in Google. Or go to the Dell site and search for it

Solution

lhanna100

Reputable
Feb 10, 2016

Yes, Intel i7. Thanks for your help, I'll try your suggestions and report back.