BAD_POOL_HEADER message on blue screen

When I shutdown windows, before it turns off, I get this message on a blue
screen with a warning about turning off the PC before something does damage.
I have to press the power button to power it off at that point.

I have found some info to fix this and turned off the DEP and also turned
off the File Indexing....rebooted..... but the problem still exists.

I have XP _SP2 with the latest updates.

Any thoughts on how to fix?

Thank you

jaster

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:11:42 -0800, jtsnow wrote:

> When I shutdown windows, before it turns off, I get this message on a blue
> screen with a warning about turning off the PC before something does
> damage. I have to press the power button to power it off at that point.
>
> I have found some info to fix this and turned off the DEP and also turned
> off the File Indexing....rebooted..... but the problem still exists.
>
> I have XP _SP2 with the latest updates.
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix?
>
> Thank you

Unfortunately, it looks like there are lots of reasons for this error.

Try ahuma.org or annoyances.org for more hints.

See if events log has more specific error message to point you in the
right direction. I think the indexing problem is on boot up not log off.