Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Finally Comes to Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have this on steam. They did a great job. Now they need to do Temple of Elemental Evil advanced edition.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

Razer Edge seems cool, but I wonder why it apparently completely failed. I think maybe because almost everyone is trying to ditch Microsoft once and for all. Can't Steam Linux games run in Android?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Razer Edge seems cool, but I wonder why it apparently completely failed. I think maybe because almost everyone is trying to ditch Microsoft once and for all. Can't Steam Linux games run in Android?

It hasn't "failed". Razer gaming products are highly niche for the most part. I remember once seeing a comment on Tom's from a guy who works on an oil rig: he stated they have a very strict weight limit on personal belongings (due to helicopter ride to the rig or something) and he wasn't able to fit a gaming laptop into it. But Edge? That fit. However, of course, it's expensive to produce due to lower demand, so the price is high... which in turn lowers the demand... it's a vicious circle that only big companies with tons of money can afford to break (remember how first prev-gen consoles were sold at a loss to heat up interest?) Edge is a device that isn't powerful enough for its price, and to most people, it seems like a waste of money. Even to me.

Steam Linux games? What is this you speak of? :D But in all seriousness, not that easy. Just because Android is based around a Linux kernel doesn't mean you can port any Linux game to it. First, most Android devices are ARM, whereas Linux distros that Steam exists for are x86. Second, Android lacks quite a few things that "normal" Linux distros have as standard - all kinds of packages, libraries etc. Third, Android devices aren't that powerful compared to desktops/laptops. Fourth, they aren't considered a big market. Compare that with iOS: they've had BG for a while. They also have SW KotOR, Infinity Blade and all kinds of other games Android doesn't have and might never get because developers CBA. I'm not saying it's a good situation for us Android users, but that's sadly the way it is.

Personally, I am excited about BG on Android! I always said that touch devices are perfect for turn based games, not this stupid thumb-controlled "shooters" (I repeatedly failed to progress in GTA 3 on Android because it's IMPOSSIBLE to bead Bomb Da Base part 2 - sniping is ARGHH). Now I'm waiting for Civilization 3 and Heroes of Might and Magic to arrive there somehow. (Damn Ubisoft, stop porting completely unsuitable games to Android and do HOMM!)

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Played this (on PC) maybe a few more times than necessary. The enchanced BG2 is awesome as well, though Throne of Bhaal is just too much for me to finish.
Biggest gripe is how all the 'good' female voice actresses are extremely annoying. I've tried many times to play through with some of them, but they get on my nerves so much I just..dispose of them.

Sep 22, 2013
.....Finally Comes to Android

Nifty that it's on Android but this implies we've all been begging for it for oh-so-long... not so much.

Your headline makes it seem like "the wait is over".... for something we weren't waiting for.

That said, in-app purchases on a game of this age will feel like getting raped.

Status
Not open for further replies.