Baldur's Gate Enhanced-Edition Finally Dated For PC, More

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

But will they offer unlimited redownloads from their site or just one of those URLs that self destructs after 30 minutes and only works in Internet Explorer with a shady download manager?

ikaruga

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
As they already mentioned on their forum, the graphics assets of the original versions are all lost, so there is no way to render them in any higher/better quality for this remake, and new graphics content whit the same style (e.g: new monsters) is also out of the question.
I wonder what's gonna be included then besides the new adventure, because HD resolution and most of the listed other things are already possible with community made addons.

Anyway, I'm also looking forward to this, I loved the original:)

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
[citation][nom]WingedRayeth[/nom]Awesome! I can't wait to see what the golden pantaloons look like in HD![/citation]

They'll probably look much smaller. I think you misunderstand what they are going to use the higher resolution for. They probably will not be remaking any of the graphics so probably the extra resolution will just be used to sort of let the camera zoom out a lot more so you can see more of the world simultaneously so everything in it will look much smaller. Hopefully they will allow you to zoom in as well though so things are not too small but then it will probably look pixelated. I guess that will be the only real engine change and also hopefully they stop using dithering for transparency.

Turk021

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
[citation][nom]spookyman[/nom]The big question?Will we be able to mod it?[/citation]

I have a feeling we will be able to

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
mmmm Baldur's Gate! Can't wait to get me paws on this. It's perfect timing for a release too! Just 2 days before my birthday! Yay me! Know what I'm getting! Wonder if you can still use Cheats:TheGreatGonzo(); to summon 10 friendly berserk chickens!?

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Next they need to do BG2, IWD 1&2, and some other great games we enjoyed. I can see games like these getting a second life on tablets, as these provide more substance than you casual games like Angry Birds, and they were mainly point and click games so touch on a tablet would fit them quite well. Hopefully they make is so you can transfer your saves to the tablet so you can take your BG on the road if you dont have a laptop.

G

Yes!! Tried to play BG1 & 2 last year, could not get past the dated feel. Looking fwd to trying them this way!

MODS:

"Ongoing Support

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will continue to receive improvements after release, along with continued support for the vibrant mod community that has helped it remain so popular for so long."

Also:
There are screenshots at the website and I noticed the characters were aliased. That's basically my only issue with this. I'm not sure I would play this game unless I can apply anti-aliasing to the characters. I suspect I can't.

I had the same issue with Diablo 2. I really LOVED the game, decided to replay it in 2011 but after modern games I just couldn't get past the graphics.

thisisfutile

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
N00b here...sorry if this is a double post

Did anyone else suffer from a graphics bug when the original B2 was out? I don't remember the nVidia card I had at the time but it wouldn't render some of the graphics on the screen...things like barrels and rocks, which made it very difficult just to do basic movement. I played it this way for some time but ultimately had to give up when I got to a dungeon that had a LOT of rocks and other obstacles and I just couldn't move around without getting extremely frustrated.

I tried for a while (on dial-up) to find solutions to the problem but I never did figure it out. Anyone else experience that?

Status
Not open for further replies.