Ballmer: Microsoft Will Beat Google Eventually

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
[citation][nom]etichi[/nom]Since this site suffers from MS fanboism I only hope you can rate me to -20.[/citation]

No really, we are not suffering from any kind of fanboism, we don't use super computers or program them we use PCs. I don't give a damn about super computers and their OS'es. I don't use supercomputers every day to to play games, read mail, chat, edit photos, or other more specific things or do other interesting things. I use PCs, I build my own PCs, I read allot about hardware to build my own PC the way I like it, and in these conditions Microsoft is the only company to give me a decent OS. (Also don't get me started with Linux, I rather play Mass Effect, than fixing my wifi or sound card or hacking xorg.conf all day long, using 1337 bash commands).

Give me a working alternative to windows and then see how much of a fan boy I am. I'm not.

pythy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]There's no way Bing could be bigger than Google. Google has been around so long it's already a verb!!! Ten years from now people will still "google" anything. It's a synonym for "search", and Bing will never get that status.[/citation]
Exactly what I was thinking. Somehow I can't imagine myself saying "Bing it" when I need to search for something. Sounds a bit dirty to me.....

thelivingflesh

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Gotta agree with him[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Totally different...Xerox did it right first. They just priced it too high.Apple than copied it and like Steve Jobs said, "Apple is not ashamed of copying great ideas."Then Steve Jobs was forced to resign and he started NeXT. Which was priced like $500 more than the competitors but the competition costs over $5000 so $500 more for a system with a nice development IDE wasn't too bad.Then comes Microsoft Windows. Bill Gates was smart enough to sell Windows to every PC manufacture cheaply. Before than OS's with GUI were locked to it's own PC manufacture, like Apple is still doing. When will they ever learn...So that's how Windows succeeded. Not because they were first in anything.[/citation]

spiralsun1

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
Once people become familiar with California State University Professor Kevin MacDonald's book "The Culture of Critique: An Evolutionary Analysis of Jewish Involvement in Twentieth-Century Intellectual and Political Movements" (FREE here: http://www.prometheism.net/library/CultureOfCritique.pdf ) and that Google was started by 2 Russian Jews to help take over and censor the internet, Microsoft will win. They have to.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Sole sourcing your knowledge, including your vehicle to acquire knowledge is never a good thing. There must always be viable options for the dominant "whatever" so that people aren't corralled like cattle.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Herbert_HA[/nom]Actually, I agree with everything you've just said, except that being the first to use that strategy of mass marketing, they were the ones who ended on top. I never said I was referring to their software.[/citation]First in mass marketing??? WHAT?!?

Isn't that a basic economic concept throughout the ages?

Syndil

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2003
MS is not overtaking Google. MS has no sense of intuitiveness. Bing is catching on like a wet blanket. I don't want a warm-fuzzy inspiring background with hidden trivia bogging down my search engine, I want RESULTS, which Google provides. Furthermore Google is overtaking MS, as MS loses Exchange customers to Google Apps, which in turn is driving customers away from clunky WM Smartphones to Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS