Ballmer: Our E-reader is the Windows PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]dekrow[/nom]Whilst you're being helpful, you're also helping to make his point. The point of E-Ink screens is to recreate, as closely as possible, the experience of reading paper. No need for 5 helpful points on making the screen less stressful on the eyes, it just IS less stressful on the eyes, therefore better recreates the relaxing nature of reading a novel.[/citation]
No argument about it. But if he is stuck like me at PC and staring LCD for more then 12h per day. He (and everybody else) should make effort to protect his eyes. My comment was not about argument LCD v. e-Ink. It is about how to protect your eyes when you are reading on LCD. Thank you for making the point.

dekrow

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]SAL-e[/nom]No argument about it. But if he is stuck like me at PC and staring LCD for more then 12h per day. He (and everybody else) should make effort to protect his eyes. My comment was not about argument LCD v. e-Ink. It is about how to protect your eyes when you are reading on LCD. Thank you for making the point.[/citation]

Understood and agreed

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
so for all the eReader maker out there, be prepared! If you're product is good and compatible with Windows Mobile, i can see one of you might get an offer from Microsoft!!

Status
Not open for further replies.