Ballmer: We're Not Leaving Any Space Uncovered to Apple

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... apple made the mistake in 1984, that IBM is the enemy, but it was M$... apple is big now, M$ thinks, that apple is the enemy... donno... i think, that google is the bigger enemy for M$ and even apple... i don't see how windows 8 can compete with android, that google gives to hardware manufacturers pretty much for free...

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]Ballmer has now confirmed what we have long observed. They are more interested in chasing Apple than concentrating on what they do well. (normal Windows with Start Menu and Aero UI vs Metro and "Apps" etc)[/citation]

What? The start menu?

Not servers, not their come from nowhere six years ago console ecosystem, not their business products, but their start menu and Aero?

No offense intended, but this sounds no different from the same people who hated Aero when it debuted in Vista.

MarioJP

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007
Look at the people that are still on XP. Just imagine if these people ran the world. We would still have Cassette players with a "record Player Deck" on top. I have to tell ya that these people are scary. With that said. I played around with Win8 Release candidate i could see why they are doing this. Lets face it people Desktop Computers is not what it used to be. the whole world is going gaga for tablets. This could be a smart move for Microsoft but could sucks for the "Oldie" generation. and 2 I just love it when people say "there should be an option where you can disable Metro" Which basically saying Windows 8 shouldn't have existed and i bet those same people would even disable it on a tablet if they could. The same people that refuses to let go xp are the same people that are bickering about change.

Somewhere has to give. I like windows 8 because of the shortcut keys. you simply press escape and boom you on the desktop. Seriously people stop being lazy and actually use it before posting. I also like whats under the hood some of which is better than windows 7. Overall would i upgrade. No.. Why. I have no need at this point. Plus drivers drivers and drivers has to be mature is a factor for me. But all and all it is quite a upgrade and when that time comes I would upgrade. I like the new taskmanager.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
So the only way to placate the obvious MS haters is to do nothing and allow Google and Apple to run the world? Microsoft is at least attempting to do something and you berate them for even trying? F**k you for being negative pricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.