Bandwidth 100% used "delivery optimization"

bikewhisperer

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Something is causing this service, (Service Host: Local System) to use all of my crummy rural bandwidth (5mbit). It seems to be a download from Akamai that starts with "delivery optimization" under the expanded Service Host: Local System.

I see that Akamai is a content delivery provider, but I am not entirely sure what that means. Perhaps if I had more bandwidth it wouldn't be a problem, but that is not an option and I have never had this issue previously. Whatever the case, it is overriding any other attempt to use bandwidth. I cannot open a webpage, stream music, VoIP, nothing.

I have resorted to stopping the service, but Delivery Optimization starts again in about 10 - 30 minutes, rendering the computer useless. I also saw this happen on a different computer of mine earlier today.

Thoughts?

wyliec2

Splendid
Apr 4, 2014

I have rural DSL connectivity and the exact same problem with Delivery Optimization Service. Makes the internet virtually inaccessible - both to the PC with the service running and the other machines on my home network.