Basic info if your a browser freak like myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
[Moderator edit: Moving post from Windows 10 to Opinions and Experiences. More applicable category.]

This is not a question for help but a friendly advice, especially now Microsoft gets ruthless and angry about their chromium browser did not passed their expectations (Google chrome is still on top, with edge small pie) Both browsers are made for people who do not think long and just "run and gun" type of people. They do not use advanced options of anything as far as I'm able to tell.

This basic info about browsers in general, will help keep the Google and Microsoft angry to you, they will do anything to make you use edge and chrome.

1.Windows 10
  1. Settings
  2. Apps
  3. Default programs
  4. Below you will find browser box
  5. click and choose any browser other than edge and chrome.
This will enable your computer to use xxxx browser by system for default tasks. Close the window (only installed browsers wll shown in that box)

Why do this?

Microsoft recently made an attempt to lock Windows 11 users to use Edge only and made other selections go thru process that many people don't do.

They want their edge browser as default, they doing it without permission and choosing "DEFAULT BROWSER" as edge helps companies in a way that I'm yet to discover. Perhaps it helps them in market share.

By doing this, you did broken your chains and freed yourself from Microsoft/Google.

Small things like this ARE important and vital to our daily computer use. It is never too late to protect your computer against bloatware like this, edge is indeed a browser and bloatware at same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
When you say Microsoft recently made the attempt, how recent are we talking?
This isn't the case after the latest Windows 11 update, I often set up machines at work with Windows 11 and alternative browsers.
Perhaps your Windows 11 is in S mode? S mode prevents all 3rd party apps to be installed everywhere.

Reactions: Order 66
Status
Not open for further replies.