Question Battery for Old Laptop

Sep 12, 2024
I have an Acer E5-576-37NL laptop I bought in 2019. It needs a battery replacement. Acer service center told me the original battery for my laptop would be almost impossible to find since its an old laptop and even if they manage to get one for me, I should avoid buying it because the authentic replacement itself would have aged and lost it’s charge capacity.

How accurate is this statement?

A third party replacement battery they suggested was cheaper but also had less total capacity than the authentic one. Other than that I have some trust issues with third party batteries…

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is an unfortunate issue with laptops over time.

You could check sites like The Battery Guy and see if they have the proper one. I have had to use some of the off-brand batteries and more often than not they underperform. The price of them should not be discounted when you can buy several of them for the same price as the depleted old stock one.

Sep 12, 2024
This is an unfortunate issue with laptops over time.

You could check sites like The Battery Guy and see if they have the proper one. I have had to use some of the off-brand batteries and more often than not they underperform. The price of them should not be discounted when you can buy several of them for the same price as the depleted old stock one.
Thanks but The battery guy doesn’t serve in India😔 there are other 3rd party vendors available but as I said, I have trust issues with them besides their “compatible batteries” having different total charge capacities and voltages…