battery life is too low

Prajwal Gopal

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
Hi i have a xperia zr. My battery life just doesn't go above 3 hours on screen time. I have tried to format, disabling and enabling stamina mode but no difference. I'm on kitkat 4.4.4. Any suggestion to improve battery life?? I have also disabled some apps which i don't use. Please help...

PraxGTI

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Battery life on most phones is greatly reduced by using your data plan.

On any of the phones I have had I always have the data plan turned off. I don't need it on unless I am sitting and browsing the internet and there is always WiFi everywhere anyways now.

If you can, try to live without your data plan. The data chip draws 3-5x more power than the WiFi chip. I had a phone that was only lasting 6 hours even just on standby, turned off the data plan and it would go 2-3 days on standby.

If you are using it for "on-screen" time, keep in mind that the display draws a lot of power. If you want to make it last longer, turn off adaptive brightness and keep it at a lower setting. I keep my Nexus 6 just below halfway on the brightness setting, thing lasts 3 days without a charge with normal use.