Battle of the Motherboards

May 30, 2018
Hey there!

I'm trying to figure out what I want out of my Motherboard,
It's a tie so far between the cheaper but still cost effective ASRock Z370 Pro4 and the ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E, which is double the price!
I can see that the ASUS has a higher output on the DisplayPort 4096 x 2304 @60hz which would be wonderful... But it didn't say that it supports Intel K-series unlocked CPUs, so does it?
Sorry if that's a silly question! Just want to be thorough before any purchases.

So far my rig is comprised of;

Thermaltake Versa H21 Mid Tower Black ATX Case (Just picked up this first piece today!)

EVGA SuperNOVA G+ 650W Modular Power Supply, as the case came with a 500w which isn't enough. Is this a good choice?

Intel i5-8600k CPU

Samsung 500gb SSD & Seagate 3TB BarraCuda HDD

Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2400C14R 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4

ASUS Turbo GeForce GTX 1060, 6GB GPU

Any other pointers are welcome!
Thanks for the help!

If you're only able to choose between those 2 boards I'd go for the Asrock and thats coming from an Asus fan. The display support the asus one mentions is for integrated graphics, which you wont be using anyway, and it should be the same on the asrock as well-none the less it doesn't matter. The real difference between them is brand as anything with the RoG logo will have a surcharge slapped on it and features you will probably not be using anyway. And yes, they both support your cpu.

The psu itself is fine, I personally prefer SeaSonic products but I have heard good things about that particular range by evga.

May 30, 2018
My partner will be using the computer for graphic design programs, and I'll obviously want to use something high end for gaming. Shouldn't I have a dedicated graphics instead of integrated?