Battlefield 1943 PC Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is Bullsh*t!!! If it were another console you would have it out already. Death to all consoles!!!!

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I concur

Every console gamer that has seen my gaming rig wants one. And people have the wierdest rumors about PC's. As I was starting up COD5 for a side by side test with his 360 on the same monitor he told me that PC's haven't advanced in tech since the 360 release (?? WTF ??). Upon seeing the comparison he sold his 360 and bought my old rig off of me.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
i dont mind a delay when you know they are working to give us the quality that we expect as pc gamers with our superior hardware....shit my video card is more powerfull than an xbox 360

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I honestly don't understand the hype behind this game. Its just a remake of BF1942 for the most part but it actually contains less content and less players at a time. Sure the graphics are better and the engine is newer but I think in the end 1942 wins in gameplay.

fogartini

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
True Battlefield fans have always been on the PC, every time they release a console version its an utter failure but the faithful PC gamers still log tens of thousands of hours every week on Versions of battlefield that are close to a decade old just hoping that one day EA will grace us with a new version. Way to screw the faithful fans EA. Don't tell me they haven't had time to perfect it, they haven't had the time because they haven't made it a priority.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]I concurEvery console gamer that has seen my gaming rig wants one. And people have the wierdest rumors about PC's. As I was starting up COD5 for a side by side test with his 360 on the same monitor he told me that PC's haven't advanced in tech since the 360 release (?? WTF ??). Upon seeing the comparison he sold his 360 and bought my old rig off of me.[/citation]
same here. Got one of my friends cowering when he brought his sissy xblows 360 and saw my rig >: )

scooterlibby

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
I give up on PC gaming for now. I say this as a huge fan of PC gaming and hardware. I also do not own a console. Between the comments of Carmack and Crytek, it looks like a long, boring ride until 2012.

Only Pacific and only 32-player? I loved the BF1942 European maps and having 64 players in a game. It was insane. (unless they mean 32 per side...but that's not what I read). In fact, I don't remember any of the Pacific maps I liked except for Wake Island. I could name off ten or so European maps...what's a WWII game without a D-Day map, anyway? Who wants to go play some Omaha!

G

Battlefield 1942 > Battlefield 1943. There are still good servers with BF1942 and various mods(including desert combat). BF1943 is for kiddies that love to button mash their console. As an avid BF series player I loathe BF 1943 and BF heroes(Cartoon Network).

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
let EA have their button masher kiddie console version, I don't want this sad attempt to milk the original BF1942 game. I will keep my BF2, still rocks solid.
They are probably having problems with the "new" engine because it was probably designed for the kiddie consoles first with the PC as an afterthought now they can't get it to run properly for the PC is probably more the real truth behind the delay. Like I said I have enough shooters right now anyway, Dragon Age baby, thats where my cash is going next for some 1920 x 1200 dungeon crawling goodness.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]lol 32-players. They should be figuring out how to get 256 players not cutting it in half. The more players for a multiplayer ww2 shooter the better.[/citation]
Agreed.

More players, better control over hacks, better performance...graphics come in last.

c0r3f1ght3r

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
wow... ffs they should of released it for PC first... I was really wanting to play this game next month... PC gaming is really starting to die out... and forget the stupid new engine, bf2142s engine was good enough and the graphics were fine...

meatwad53186

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Idk about you guys, but I PC and console game (the only console games I really pick up are the exclusives or games that I can't run on my horribly outdated rig, but that problem is fixed since I'm just finishing up my new rig), and I bought 1943 about a week after it came out, and I have to say that I was very disappointed with it. They really need to scrap the Frostbite engine and start over, I can't stand that thing.

G

Actually the most likely reason for the delay is that BF1943 has sold surprisingly well on console, and they're afraid to release it too early for PC lest that cut into their console sales. It's a marketing decision but they cover it up with lies about technical issues.

G

wow 32 players and someday we will make it to the moon. 32 players? how about 128 players that should have been the next step forward not backward.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOO! I was waiting for this soooo eagerly, I didn't want to buy the PS3 version so I could get it for the PC!!! *sob* this ruined my day!!!...Plus now I have to do HW :(

G

The console version of BF1943 is an insult to PC players anyway let alone players who have and played bf1942/bf2/vietnam

It is so dumb down and featureless it is insulting that they shoved out that trash and console boys are to dumb to notice. (and hilariously funny that console players don't have a clue enough to know that... they think it is "great")

No real deicated servers... no 64 player support....ETC ETC.

and 32 players for Pc that is still insulting but better than the freaking pathetic console games.

Oh and playing battlefield with a controler is the worst th ing of all time I wanted to shoot my self since it was so slow and sluggish.

They better delay the thing and make it decent enough to live up to the BF1942 name right now it is not.

and don't get me started on how bad BF bad company series is.... Do console people really put up with this dumbed down trash and like it?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Ah this is to funny. PC gamers crying and complaining because the consoles got the priority, again. You would think you guys would be used to this by now but I guess not. There is an exponentially larger amount of money to be made on the consoles and piracy is not really a big concern. Better start getting used to it and liking it because consoles aren't slowing down. As soon as Microsoft and Sony start packing keyboards and mice with the consoles there won't be a single PC exclusive left.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
@tayb
As soon as Microsoft and Sony start packing keyboards and mice with the consoles there won't be a single PC exclusive left.

Go play with your kiddie console on Crapbox Live or something and leave the big boy gaming to us guys who can build their own rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.