Battlefield 1943 Still Headed Towards PC Gamers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]Poorly coded console port? All ports I can think of are the complete opposite.invasive DRM/invasive security software? You mean the type that EA has stopped using for over a year, or is it two by now?"requires a constant-connection to the internet to play." Well no , it IS A ONLINE GAME!"Glitchy and buggy when first released." All programs have bugs. And I have yet to encounter any game from EA in years that is horrible in that aspect."Charge $15 for a map DLC a month after the game is released" No clue where that is from but sounds a like CoD MW2 is doing right now.I love all this EA hate, I swear is Activision and Ubisoft paying people to bash EA now? Seriously it's old now.[/citation]

BC2 is a f***** port.

Its great, much better then COD6 but BF2 is still a better game after all those years. I think its quite sad.

In BC2 everything was noobified for the console crowd, especially the helicopter controls.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]BC2 is a f***** port.Its great, much better then COD6 but BF2 is still a better game after all those years. I think its quite sad.In BC2 everything was noobified for the console crowd, especially the helicopter controls.[/citation]

It may have been simplified but a port it is not, I for one am glad it does not require a license and 1000 hours flight time to fly the choppers, also I still see plenty of people crashing on takeoff so it's not "that" simple.

They had two teams working on this game, one for PC and one for consoles. Seems like it is just a game developed for multiple platforms to me. You say everything was noobified, besides chopper controls please enlighten me, this part is not a jab as I am actually quite curious what you mean by "everything".

BC2 may in fact be a port, a PC to console port.

[citation][nom]Bluescreendeath[/nom]Wow, do you work for EA's marketing department? Yes, Ubisoft and Activision is almost sucking as much as EA these days.1. You've never heard of GTA4 by Activision? The piece of crap port that requires a quad core to get good fps yet looks 10x worse than Crysis, which only needs a dual core?[/citation]

I find this funny, BC2 utilizes all 4 cores of my i7 and DX11 features of my 5870 (and uses them well) and is leaps and bounds over the console version.

In the end, I don't think Dice did anything to the mechanics "because" of consoles, I think they made a game that would bring the old schoolers back while also reeling in new players to one of the most enjoyable (mp online fps) games released in the last few years. I have been a BF fan since playing the 1942 demo for months before release and can't wait for a BF3 but; BC2 is an excellent game with a decent SP campaign and fantastic MP.

It's different, that is all.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Knowing EA, it'll probably be:
1. a poorly coded console port
2. invasive DRM/invasive security software
3. requires a constant-connection to the internet to play
4. Glitchy and buggy when first released
5. Charge $15 for a map DLC a month after the game is released

1 - they have been a year at work re-vamping it for PC
2 - yeah true but they don't want it to be another Tribes (example 1 million sold, 5 million playing the game)
3 - It is an online multi player game
4 - What game doesn't have issues when first released?
5 - The game will cost $15, map pack will cost less than $10, perhaps $9.99

I am looking forward to this game. The play value and cost are unbeatable in my opinion.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]CptTripps[/nom]It may have been simplified but a port it is not, I for one am glad it does not require a license and 1000 hours flight time to fly the choppers, also I still see plenty of people crashing on takeoff so it's not "that" simple.They had two teams working on this game, one for PC and one for consoles. Seems like it is just a game developed for multiple platforms to me. You say everything was noobified, besides chopper controls please enlighten me, this part is not a jab as I am actually quite curious what you mean by "everything".[/citation]

Helicopters are awfully simplified, you shouldn't be able to do shit with the chopper without at least a few hours of practice. Now its simply go high, wave from side to side and kill the enemy helo with your gunner.

The ballistic trajectory of every gun is straightened.

The objectives in the capture the flag mode aren't essential to win, they are merely spawn points.

The hardcore servers do have modifications in place that mitigates many problems, like no kill cam and no red arrow on spotted targets.

Im not saying the game is a worthless PoS like CoD6. Im just saying that from an elitist point of view, its not a pure PC game. Its a cross platform game, with the inherent compromises that comes with it. I want my BF3, and I want it now.

Btw I play CSS, Arma2 and BF2 mostly.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]OvrClkr[/nom]Prone and Jets Prone and JetsProne and Jetshopefully EA is listening..[/citation]

You forgot 64 players, bigger maps and real helicopters control.

The choppers feel like auto hovering weapon platforms in BC2.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]Poorly coded console port? All ports I can think of are the complete opposite.invasive DRM/invasive security software? You mean the type that EA has stopped using for over a year, or is it two by now?"requires a constant-connection to the internet to play." Well no , it IS A ONLINE GAME
!"Glitchy and buggy when first released." All programs have bugs. And I have yet to encounter any game from EA in years that is horrible in that aspect."Charge $15 for a map DLC a month after the game is released" No clue where that is from but sounds a like CoD MW2 is doing right now.I love all this EA hate, I swear is Activision and Ubisoft paying people to bash EA now? Seriously it's old now.[/citation]

Dude are you on EA's payroll or what?? Chill, it's cool to hate EA.

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Are you guys saying that BC2 doesn't have prone??[/citation]

Yes. If it did, you would never, ever capture an objective. While prone may give an effect of realism, it would have just made the game Sniper Company 3. People already flock to that class when they don't care whether they win or lose, and just want to farm up their kill/death ratio.

Jets always sucked. Maps were too small, jets were overpowered, and often you would find yourself losing a match because 3/4 of the team were TKing each other over jets while offering to help the team when one would finally get one.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]spoofedpacket[/nom]Yes. If it did, you would never, ever capture an objective. While prone may give an effect of realism, it would have just made the game Sniper Company 3. People already flock to that class when they don't care whether they win or lose, and just want to farm up their kill/death ratio.[/citation]

That doesn't excuse taking out a useful game mechanic. Find some other way to make the sniper class less overpowered. Reduce damage, increase recoil, reduce ammo, add more barrel wobble, reduce accuracy, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.