Battlefield 2 setup won't run

wumbzy.mumbzy

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
I am in a bit of a problem right now.
I recently bought Battlefield 2 download from Amazon and tried to install it.
When I do try to install it, this pops up.

P0rq1g8

http://

Things I have tried out already
1. Run as adminstrator
2. Run a new task as the administrator (Task manager)
3. Run it in CMD as the administrator (Not sure if I actually did it right, so please suggest more cmd solutions)
4. Use my local administrator and do everything listed above.

I'm quite sure its not because Battlefield 2 isn't compatible with Windows 10 because I saw a lot of people claim that the game still works on Windows 10 for them (Includes me on my other computer)

Thanks!

Solution
run the setup.exe by right clicking it and going to the compatibility tab and choosing to run it in compatibility for Windows 7.
After making the changes, right click again and run it as administrator.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
What kind of PC is this? Is it a personal computer that was purchased from a store for personal use? Or is it a work computer that you have claimed as your own? If it's a work computer, then the account you are using will have limited privileges and using something like "run as administrator" just won't work.

Otherwise, it's possible that your user privileges got corrupted somehow, someway.

wumbzy.mumbzy

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
Hello, sorry for the really long late reply, I was out of the country for a month and couldn't get my hands on a laptop/computer to use.

Yes, this is a download from Amazon, a link they sent to me.

wumbzy.mumbzy

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

Good day,

I have a new problem in my case now.
When I try to open up the InstallWizard (aka setup.exe), it shows that its starting up but it doesn't end up opening anyway. I checked the Task Manager when I open it but I don't see any process regarding the setup.exe opening.
This is a problem because I still can't open the installer for Battlefield 2.