News Battlefield 2042 System Requirements Detailed by DICE

Zlatko Flajpan

Honorable
Oct 25, 2014
It's odd that minimum CPU requirement is Ryzen 5 3600 and recomended is Ryzen 7 2700x because Ryzen 5 3600 is better in games.And 3600 is far greater in games than Intel i5 6600k by a mile.I think that is mistake they meant Ryzen 1600 first generation Zen.

Considering the Intel side also suggests a previous generation processor for the recommended specs, this seems to imply that Battlefield 2042 uses more threads. Or it could be someone at EA's marketing not knowing the heck they're talking about.

Plus it's meaningless because it doesn't what you'll get out of it for what settings.

Teeroy32

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I'm still hoping for FSR support, my poor RX480 is going to need all the help it can get. Though even though its under spec I'm sure my R5 2600 will do just fine.

I'm still hoping for FSR support, my poor RX480 is going to need all the help it can get. Though even though its under spec I'm sure my R5 2600 will do just fine.
If it helps you feel better, the things they post are just what hardware they're willing to support. It doesn't necessarily mean it won't work.

I mean, people got Doom 3 running on a Voodoo 2 (okay that requires modding, but still).

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not even willing to support. They are saying that is the minimum spec to play the game as the creators intended. 9/10 the only hard limits are Direct X compatibility levels and specific GPU technologies required.

Reminds me, I need to fire up my Voodoo 5 and see if it is still working.

If it helps you feel better, the things they post are just what hardware they're willing to support. It doesn't necessarily mean it won't work.

I mean, people got Doom 3 running on a Voodoo 2 (okay that requires modding, but still).
It can run on an original voodoo too. Lazy game reviews did an interesting video on it.

Although, this is perhaps a bit of a side tangent.

Teeroy32

Distinguished
May 23, 2011

I have no doubt that I'll be able to play it on medium to high, I just want FSR so I can get around 100 fps instead of 60 at 1080p. I'm not completely sure but I reckon 720 high/ultra upscaled would be nicer than 1080 low native.

TRENDING THREADS