News Battlefield 2042 to Deliver PC Exclusive Ray Tracing Features

saunupe1911

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2016
I played the beta extensively. The game needs a ton of work. Too many bugs to mention. T

he class layout was also so frustrating as it failed to remember your last settings.

I definitely didn't preorder. I may grab it during the Christmas sales after it's patched throughout November

I played the beta extensively. The game needs a ton of work. Too many bugs to mention. T

he class layout was also so frustrating as it failed to remember your last settings.

I definitely didn't preorder. I may grab it during the Christmas sales after it's patched throughout November

I will need a free trial after its live if I am to buy this. I am done with Battlefield unless they prove they can make a fun game again.

May 21, 2021
Yeah I am really hoping they changed. Last battlefield I bought was bf1 and I stopped playing when they nerfed the only WW1 guns in the game IE the bolt action long guns. Once they took that immersion building aspect away from me it became a call of doody game with everyone running around with prototypes of auto-loading weapons that were never fielded except in super low numbers, or never fielded at all, with retro red dot sights, etc. that is completely unrealistic. Like god forbid DICE has to change gameplay dynamics based on the conflict, nope, same exact gameplay but new skin to appease the mindless Doritos eating consoler. Sorry for venting lol but battlefield used to be my favorite game, played it since 1942, stopped at 1, hoping 2142 is different.

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Yeah I am really hoping they changed. Last battlefield I bought was bf1 and I stopped playing when they nerfed the only WW1 guns in the game IE the bolt action long guns. Once they took that immersion building aspect away from me it became a call of doody game with everyone running around with prototypes of auto-loading weapons that were never fielded except in super low numbers, or never fielded at all, with retro red dot sights, etc. that is completely unrealistic. Like god forbid DICE has to change gameplay dynamics based on the conflict, nope, same exact gameplay but new skin to appease the mindless Doritos eating consoler. Sorry for venting lol but battlefield used to be my favorite game, played it since 1942, stopped at 1, hoping 2142 is different.

I'm generally the same way when it comes to this type of stuff, but unfortunately you and I are in a small niche and ultimately developers will always cater to the larger market since it's the most profitable decision. I've seen some stuff that started out good but then got ruined because of this because the developer needed to attract more players, so things had to be changed to water it down to make it more mainstream accessible.

Reactions: Historical Fidelity

Woobnut

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
Plan to get this game someday when graphics card prices come back down to earth. My old card doesn't quite cut it.