Battlefield 3 Confirmed, Not Dated

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yamagiru

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I am not really looking forward to this, or any EA games to be honest.

I find their lack of realism disturbing, give me armor values and accurate projectile physics, not the same old health point system.

Add to the fact that all their titles end up infested with cheaters within a week of release and their continued lack of appropriate customer service.

EA is not the company it once was and the customers suffer for it........

ColliSions

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
^
What the hell are you talking about, Project Reality (BF2 mod) is the best realistic FPS out there without a doubt. You cant really blame them for being infested with cheaters, people cheat because of the games 10 dollar price tag, its no real loss if you get banned.

BF3 + MOD + recession + higher price tag = less cheats + more realism.

jalt

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Bunz_of_Steel[/nom]BS my butt, I call double BS! I know guys are always tryn to hacks and maybe thats why it's crashs. I admit it has gotten better but still crashes. Like you said ".....anymore." They also need to code the game so one install will work under multiple profiles. Don't know if thats screwrom thingy or not. What server u playin on if every night?[/citation]

I've pretty much settled on Wake. I play on US, xXx, and Insomnia's servers the most. Lots of good admins always on. Used to play a lot on Axxium. You might say I have a very generic screen name, if your looking.

As far as EA and Punkbuster go, I've never understood why they haven't put forth an effort to shut down sites that sell hacks. It's not that they put forth any effort to hide. For example, www.roothack.net sells hacks, and has been doing so forever. Seems they could contact their ISP and have the site shut down. Probably an excercise in whack-a-mole, but they should at least try.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I play on xcf, fub or box servers and they are generally good admins. Played this weekend actually and a few comments from their clan members agreed, EA can't or don't code good enough. Actually not EA but... game still buggy. I also use slysoft's gamejackal so maybe some in part is my client but even before that. Love the game hate the code :(. I must agree bout punkbuster & EA not caring to shut down jack as far as hackn their codes. This weekend a guy was using a name hack and punkbuster never caught it... go figure.

G

dude.. lets face it, in every game there is someone cheating, cod4 or cod 5 u name it but still bf2 own, even it has crashing problems or server bugs etc. lets hope bf3 gonna be a kick a** game and am sure it will be.

cushgod

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
BF3 FTW , ive been waiting for you BF3. Now my rath will come!(in 2010) !! lol. But ohh I cant wait, BF2 is epic and 1942 was epic! The Desert Combat MOD was SUPER EPIC for its time! Stingers, rocket trucks, sinking aircraft carriers OH MY!!!!
Look for me CUSHGOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS