Battlefield 3 This Fall with 64-Player Support

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Bad Company lagged for literally months on the 360 across the east coast. You'll have to forgive me for not buying into all the hype.

BUILD A PC! Can't wait for you to cry about Crysis 2 also..."It lags"

cloakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
Im literally laughing out loud at all the console fans who complain about lag. Well obviously there's going to be lag without dedicated servers, which the PC version of any game should and BF3 will have :)

SinisterSalad

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I really hope the BF3 is a PC port to console, not the other way around. There's always something not right about PC games ported from console. I also hope for mod tools, I would like to get back into that again.

Memoscorp

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
[citation][nom]sundevilchemist[/nom]Is BF3 the same title as Bad Company 1/2? I love Bad Company 2 on PS3. Never had lag. Just had issues were my rankings and guns disappeared. That glitch sucked.[/citation]

No. Part of the regular Battlefield series.

ulysses35

Distinguished
Hmm another turkey that will be hyped beyond belief then actually turn out to be rubbish life BF2 was. game play and ranking was way too easy... providing you could get into a game without every saddo playing with a snipe rifle...

yawn zzzzzzzzzz another Bf game

justbrae1

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]BUILD A PC! Can't wait for you to cry about Crysis 2 also..."It lags"[/citation]
You poor fool, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about....

The lag experienced on Bad Company had nothing to do with the processing power of the xbox.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]SinisterSalad[/nom]I really hope the BF3 is a PC port to console, not the other way around. There's always something not right about PC games ported from console. I also hope for mod tools, I would like to get back into that again.[/citation]
If there isn't mod tools, then I'm not interested.
They promised a lot for the PC version of BFBC2 that they never honored. :(

heady89

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Battlefield BC 2 has some of the most retarded netcode ever designed, everyone not noticing is obviously a casual gamer to the max. Yes I am not sayin BO was any better the Cod series has been generic rehashes from the days of Cod4, but the Quake/Unreal engines are leaps ahead when it comes to netcode, hence why BF3/BC series will never be any esport titles.

Want an example, sure.. its the obvious run around a corner and die when you're in cover principle, that and the fact that you can manage to kill your enemy while he kills you at the same time, simply caused by the insane delay for the server to talk to the client in Frostbite.

I am from Sweden and i love the old BF titles, but I am most certainly not getting my hopes up for BF3, Red Orchestra 2 will be the next true PC game with its exclusivity and proper support.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
well battle field bad company 2 has been battlefields biggest flop yet in my opinion.its the first battle field i dident like at all. fix so you can lie down spring and go left/right at the same time and get back aour maps so they arent 10m wide and 100meters long. its not a battle field its the battle of a smal strike force whit almost no rome to do eny thing. the destruction need some work to. alot off lagg iwe manage to get 30-50ping in black ops but im around 150-160 in the crappy battle field servers it newer ewer feels fluent. and sens you cant take cower run well and not lie down its like your driving a machine not a human. and i still not rdy to forgive them for not relishing battle field 1943. whot happend to you battle field you whent to console and destroyed a great game series and then stop relishing half the tittles to pc?

sgtmattbaker

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
I'll have to reserve final judgment when I see some actual game interviews and gameplay, but for right now I'm pretty excited about what I *think* the game is going to be like.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I have slight feeling they'll need an asterix behind 64 player support.

most likely it will be something along the lines of *64 players for PC only.

theDARKW0LF

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]Bringin back the good old days of BF 1942 and the desert combat mod and BF2. 64 players. You consoles fan boys don't know what you guys missed from them days![/citation]
Totally man, they were the bomb diggity

G

64 players for PC only, 32 for Console... Real WAR for PC players, Little skirmish for Consoles :D

djibouti321

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Excellent, but please...give us a decent PC port of the first Bad Company.
Make a proper campaign this time around. "Fragfest" is not very everybody.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]justbrae1[/nom]You poor fool, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about....The lag experienced on Bad Company had nothing to do with the processing power of the xbox.[/citation]

Yes, it does, actually. You might want to do research and catch up to what PC gamers already know.

I hate it when console gamers talk like they know shit. Same idiots that pay for map packs, and Xbox Live Gold. Look up the origins of Counter-Strike and TeamFortress (and countless other mods), the community of PC FPS and RTS map and mod makers, look up Ventrilo/Teamspeak, and Xfire, and then kick yourselves to know you pay for what PC gamers have always gotten for free, because we make it ourselves, and share it. No one developer can ever, EVER, trump the genius of a whole group of dedicated, talented, passionate individuals.

I suspect console gamers on Tom's stumble upon the site by mistake, as I'm sure most of the information here goes right over their uninformed heads.

jstod14

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
damn I was hoping the rumours of 80 players on a signle server for 40 vs 40 were true. Ohwell 64 is still better than 16 or 24. Been waiting for this game to finally come out. Hopefully as good or better than BF2 with destuctable enviornment, should be awesome!

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Wonder if there's any chance you can use your same BF2 account? I sure hope so, otherwise whats the point in building your rank other than bragging rights??

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]justbrae1[/nom]You poor fool, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about....The lag experienced on Bad Company had nothing to do with the processing power of the xbox.[/citation]

Actually it was, 360s couldn't handle all the dust BC2 kicked out originally and the framerates dropped into the high teens, 1 update was purely to reduce the eyecandy so your crappy ass Geforce 7600 that's in there could handle the strain.

Now as for actual lag... GSP is to blame for hosting virtual servers. Instead of one server gets one processor core in a box it's more like 25 servers running on 1 physical machine.

sgtmattbaker

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Like someone else said, I hope it is a PC to console port instead of console to PC. Anyway, it looks like EA/DICE are at least acknowledging the fact that there are a lot of Battlefield fans on the PC that were disappointed with how the Bad Company series turned out (at least in terms of how big maps were).

Status
Not open for further replies.