Battlefield 4 Alpha Doesn't List Support for Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
You hardly see games doing alpha test. kudos to DICE. i heard the alpha test only have textures on the solider, guns and vehicle everything else is white.

In the 1st 6 months since they were released I sold:
100pcs Vista,
300pcs Win7,
6pcs Win8.

Windows 8 is not relevant, and Office 2013 is a disaster too. Don't get me started on Server 2012 vs 2008. Now the XBox One that spy's on you and records your every move and expression and sends to MS. I'm sell my MS stock this company is tanking big time.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Windows 8 as far as I could tell was just Windows 7 with a better looking and more functional start menu. The desktop, and just about everything else you do in windows 8 is exactly the same was Windows 7.

I don't see where all the hate is coming from frankly. Probably people who've never used windows 8.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Also, every game does Alpha testing. It's normally just kept in house and not advertised. Alpha simply means when you're done, or almost done adding new features to a game, and you're now debugging it and working on the kinks with all the features and content you've put in the game. In many cases, Alpha phase takes up almost half of the development time.

However, the terms are kind of subjective. What one company might call alpha, another company might call production. Look at google and how it uses the term "Beta".

HTDuro

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007

well if its like BF3 alpha, you will have more than that, there was some missing texture in BF3 alpha, but most of it was there, but not the final one, alot of things changed in the alpha, like in the beta too

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011

Not having a start menu makes you jump through hoops just to do normal things that were quick in all the previous versions. I tested Windows 8 and it made me want to smash my head into a brick wall.

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
ITS EA, WHO FAKKIN CARES! CAUSE EA ONLY CARES ABOUT YOUR MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS!!! THEY ARE THE SCOURGE!! THEY ARE THE DARK SIDE, I BET THEY ARE IN BED WITH THE NSA, HOMELAND SECURITY, AND MANY OTHERS, WATCHING YOUR ASS AS YOU PLAY. EA IS THE GOVERNMENTS BITCH. WAKE UP YOU ZOMBIEFIED IDIOTS!!! OR CAN EA REALLY CHANGE THEIR OUTLOOK??? I CHALLENGE THEM!!! I BET I COULD FRAG EA's CEO ANYTIME ON BF4, COD, OR WHATEVER, ANDCOME ON WINNING 90% OF THE TIME.

I don't see the logic in your Win 8 hate comment. I think those that haven't used it are indifferent since it doesn't mater to them. The hate is mainly coming from those that have tried it either the Demo, RC version, beta or regular version and didn't like the experience. I think saying it's people that haven't used it, that are putting out the hate is not factual, and a common argument of MS fanboys. I haven't tried it and I'm happy with Win 7 Ult. I see no advantage going to Windows 8, that isn't hate just a fact. If anyone is to "blame" for my indifference on Windows 8 it's MS for not making a compelling argument for me to switch to Windows 8. People dancing with tablets and sliding on tables just doesn't do it for me.

I don't think you should be posting your scams here we all know this is a lie to steal peoples hard earned money.

Now this is a hate post, see the difference?

How are you selling Vista PC's? Sounds like BS to me unless you mean second hand, in that case your not a new pc's retailer and your point is irrelevant when 8 only comes on new pcs, that or your telling BS facts.

Agreed

At the same time Vista is the same as 7 if anyone has finally noticed?

peterson99

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

lol yea I'm calling bullshit on this one. For the sake of humanity I really hope these people are just children trolling forums :/

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
So basically EA is already fucking over people like me who pre ordered BF4. I really hope all these alpha testers who haven't paid for shit get kicked out when the beta comes around.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006

You should read it again. I just put the relevant part in bold letters. He is talking about how many PCs he sold in the first six months when each of those OSes was released.

Same as above. Read the post again before making completely baseless arguments.

peterson99

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

lol really man, why would u tag me when your bolded sentence has nothing to do with what I posted. IMO this guy is a troll because he's calling all of Microsofts recent software products disasters without giving legit reasons. Then goes on a rant about the Xbox One being used to spy on people (lol are people really this paranoid these days) Which, by the way, his numbers do looked heavily skewed. (or is he not counting tablets?)

The email one recieves with a Alpha trial stipulates that a lot of content is withdrawn, the purpose is input only prior to Beta tests, It is not based on who buys what and there is not selective criteria, its just a lucky draw.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008

I found the Windows 8 start menu to be way more useful and functional than the old style. I've been using Windows since Windows 3.0 and I have almost every version of the OS since and I didn't find anything wrong with the new start menu. Yes, it's "new", so you have to take a few minutes to learn it. But it's not like it was something that required a 100 hour certification course to master.

Frankly I'm not even sure of what you mean by "things that were quick in all the previous versions". You can search your whole PC from it just like before (but now it's got a nicer GUI for that) and you can customize it like a 2nd desktop, to keep your main desktop clear of clutter.

I know everyone has their preferences, and I can respect that, but I think the Windows 8 hate is really unfounded, due to the fact that it's so similar to Windows 7 (a great OS) but with a better start menu.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
<quote>I know everyone has their preferences, and I can respect that, but I think the Windows 8 hate is really unfounded, due to the fact that it's so similar to Windows 7 (a great OS) but with a better start menu. </quote>

It's so similar that it takes 3rd party software to simply revert to the Windows 7 style? Is it really that hard to offer a choice? Would a choice not be the more useful endeavor rather than stirring all this obvious dislike? What happened to Themes? Remember when there was a flourishing 3rd party desktop replacement scene that allowed you to completely change the look of the GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.