Battlefield 4 Beta Confirmed for Fall 2013

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zachusaman

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
heres a hint EA, when you are copying call of duty, please make sure you at least release all the DLC for the current game before the next one comes out. that way the complete morons dont feel like they were ripped off....
also, glad to see all the use you are getting out of frostbite 2 with that 7 year old hardware you are developing for.

Jerry_03

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
anyone here remeber or even played the original battlefield 1942? one of the best multiplayer fps of its day. i would still play it today if i got it work with windows 7.

now the series is just a COD clone, EA is milking the franchise. and activistion milked the COD franchise a long time ago.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Reason im sick of this crap is i just spent 100 bucks on BF3 and yet will still don't get to make our own mods maps or run our OWN servers from home. This is what I really want. Not another fucking game. When we have all this we don't need rehashes we can keep playing the game for years.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Meh. Not going to buy.

Battlefield 3 was horrible. There should be a case study on it on how overdoing your graphics effects completely destroys gameplay.

Oh, a bullet landed within 5 feet of me? Let's make the screen ridiculously blurry!

It's suppression? Last I checked, a hail of bullets coming through the window was reason enough not to walk in front of it. Why make it impossible to shoot the guy in the room with me too? Utter crap.

Oh... and... BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! I'm sure the maps are pretty, but all I can see is the freaking sun. Oh, and it would be nice to see the guys on the other team, too. That might make this GAME a little more FUN.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]At least they arent rushing the hell out of the next series release. bf3 came out fall 2011, sequel beta comes out 2 years later. anyone comparing the release date of this beta to the release cycle of CoD is just thinking out their ass. However I wouldve preferred a new BF2142 sequel.[/citation]
Well, the CODs have a 2 year cycle since they are developed by 2 separate studios. But that doesn't mean they aren't all the same.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]gilgamex[/nom]Sheez take a chill pill man, don't get too wrapped up in the company to the point you might miss a great gaming experience[/citation]
Apparently you haven't bought an Origin game on the premise that is supported coop, only to find out the newly bought game has no servers available.

This is why I buy games with LAN options and I stopped buying EA games altogether.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Unless if there were massive changes, BF4 should be an expansion pack, not a stand-alone.

There are two trends:

1. 6-12 month release cycle for $60 stand-alone games

2. Truckload of DLCs that show up within less than a month of the game's launch. See Mass Effect 3 as an example.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Serejai[/nom]You mean how Diablo III is infected with bots and maphack, Starcraft II is infected with maphack, drophack, and a dozen others, and how World of Warcraft is infected with dupes, bots, teleport hacks, and speed hacks?Won't even mention older titles like Diablo II and Brood War. Blizzard games have a track record for being full of hackers. I sure hope your comment is a troll. All anti-hack measures are pretty much equally useless. Don't be a fanboy.[/citation]

It's traditional to release half-baked games ASAP. "Fix it later" is the norm.

fausto412

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I remember bfbc2 was a good patch away from being done justice and they abandoned it.
I remember not buying MOH because I wanted to see if they would support it, couple of patches and 1 DLC and they abandoned it.
I bought BF3 Premium minutes after it was available to support DICE and show them I want them to continue to work on BF3 to get it right...I want more patches and more DLC.

When BF4 is released someone will have to show me what it does that blows the socks off of BF3 because if it doesn't innovate and stumbles out of the door like BF3 did then I will not preorder it or buy it until the price comes down to something justifiable(50% off).

Good advice for DICE, start selling what BF4 will bring to the table now!!!

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]Iluv2raceit[/nom]I hope to God that EA finally makes a game that doesn't involve having dozens of hackers/cheaters in every server. And EA - GET RID OF PUNKBUSTER - they are a complete joke and they are completely ineffective against hackers. Find a real anti-cheat system. How about incorporating an anti-cheat system similar to what Blizzard is using for Diablo III? NUFF SAID![/citation]
Ummmmmm dude/dudet/whaeva D3 anti hack/cheat system is even worse than PB.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I bought BF3 expecting it to last as long as BF2 b4 the next sequel, now u making the BF3 last only 1-2yrs? How would I know BF5 will be out 1-2yrs after BF4.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Unless it's more like BF2, I'm not interested. It needs a commander mode and it needs to remove the stupid camping gadgets like mortars or MAVs that leave a player hiding in an uncap doing nothing to really help the team. I like the graphics and destructibility, but that's about it. In fact, it needs more destructibility. Just remake BF2 maps with Frostbite and add in the necessary gameplay changes.

G

ArmA 2 is out now.

Arma 3 will be out within a year.

Check em out, you will be happy you did.

Thank You.

coverfire_68

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
BF3 was fun for the first few months. I really miss the private server/mods of BF2. BF3 became too serious in my opinion. I still enjoy the occasional play but it just doesn't give me the same enjoyment as BF2 did.

BF3 is a great game. Even if they just kept selling us maps and different gear and play modes every few months, I'd continue to play this same game for a few more years.

Really the foundation of the game is great. Just give us more maps and I'll keep playing. Call it BF4 or whatever. There's no better game.

G

Let me get this straight....you will go spend $30 on a movie ticket, soda, and a popcorn for a 2 hour movie and be happy. But you spend $60 on game you play for hundreds of hours and complain about how expensive it is, then bitch about spending another $60 in 2 years for the next version you'll pump 100+ hours into as well? Go watch more movies so you don't clog my favorite BF3 servers.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
The only Call of Duty game I liked was the 1st one and its expansion; United Offensive. Activision did well in the WWII genre, more so than Medal of Honor back then, but both games were great. After Call of Duty went "modern" I didnt care for it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.