Battlefield 4 Set in Modern Day World, Says DICE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlockwing

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
[citation][nom]igot1forya[/nom]I can see it now, "Battlefield: War of 1812"[/citation]

Except any Breach-loading firearm based FPS game is going to be too slow paced to be playable. Now you could talk me into a Crossbow/Longbow FPS like Battlefield: Hundred Years War.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
hmm took 6 years to make a BF2 sequel, now theyre going to pump out another game 2 years after BF3...shows how much theyre going to reuse from BF3 in BF4...textures..wireframes..etc

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]spartanmk2[/nom]hmm took 6 years to make a BF2 sequel, now theyre going to pump out another game 2 years after BF3...shows how much theyre going to reuse from BF3 in BF4...textures..wireframes..etc[/citation]
hmm.... i agree, though at least it not bad looking, i wonder if their going to do more of the premium crap too :(

G

Dear EA/ DICE: the ONLY thing you need to say is WHEN Battlefield 2143 will be released. Everything else is paltry and irrelevant. Thank you for listening.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Wait. It's set in the same time roughly and it's on the same console generation? Does this mean EA is going back to their habit of releasing expansions and patches as full priced games?

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]ravensharpless[/nom]Of course it is! they wish they had cod! cod is a masterpiece! Year by year it oversells each and every single game! It's a blockbuster and we all know here that blockbusters are the best possible thing in this universe. It's better! It's better then your battlefield! nothing can change that! My xbox360 still pwns your pc's. You and your 20 year old mouse and keyboard. The mouse and keyboard was never made for gaming! Microsoft put millions into the xbox360 controller, a gaming controller! I could take any of you on with it! That is if you can start up the game. You might have a virus or something lol. I feel for you pc users i really do. Spend $2000 on a computer you have to upgrade in a year while my xbox360 still plays the newest blockbuster games! You guys usually have to wait longer to play a game like ghost recon future solder i was playing that looong before any of you. (this comment is fake and not intended for troll)[/citation]

Thumbed Up, its obvious no one finished your post or read the sarcasm thing at the end.

Anyways EA can go to hell. First they say they won't charge for DLC, then they start releasing paid DLC in rapid succession, then they say "Oh buy the premium online only pack for 60 bucks and get it all", then they announce BF 4 before the DLC isn't even completed in BF3 and finally they go and release BF3 Premium for 50 bucks at retail. So not only did some people spend about 100 bucks they are also getting screwed on pricing and getting their game obsoleted very quickly with a new release.

G

I'll pass. Sad that BF series is going the way of MW. BF2 will always be one of my most favorite tactical shooters next to Rainbow 6 and CSS. Liked CoD4 but every MW game after that felt like a rehash.

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I wonder if they would do a battle...In Canada. Or better yet, Switzerland.[/citation]

Nope, if they set a Canada scenario, there would be greetings, respect and peace. Oh you, Canada

G

I am so sick of modern shooters. If it's going to be another rehash of Battlefield 3, it's not worth my money.

I played the modern scenario in Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and Battlefield 3, and other various smaller franchises.

I was hoping for 2143, 1944, something different! Hell, if they add Commander and get this bad boy back up to Battlefield 2 gameplay, then I'll stop my bitching.

Battlefield 3 was too Arcade-Like. There was little to no team work at all. Bad Company 2 will forever be my favorite in terms of gameplay. Even new players were forced to stick with their squad. It had like this silent language to where even if you didn't have a mic, you could still communicate with actions and expect what your squad will do next.

Battlefield 2 was fun when you had experienced players willingly working as a team. If you lacked those, it was a mess. It was still saved by the sandbox gameplay. Jets making bombing runs! Tanks storming a flag! Troops ambushing jeeps and laying traps with C4! Blowing the bridge and changing strategies!

What happened to the Alpha of Battlefield 3? I'll play that.

Status
Not open for further replies.