Battlefield 4 - stuck on the dam, please help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

leeb2013

Honorable
hi,

I'm playing the campaign on BF4 and come to a bit where I'm completely stuck. I'm on the dam, after laying the explosives and making my way across the scaffolding at the 33:00 point in this walkthrough;

http://au.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-4/Tashgar

I have to jump from the scaffolding to the ladder. I've tried it 7 times, but every time I fail to grab the ladder and fall to my death. The annoying thing is, it takes me right back to the start again inside the dam! The walkthrough just shows the guy jumping to the ladder and grabbing on. But I can find no way to grab the ladder, I've even tried stowing my gun, just holding my knife, but still fall to me death!

Can anyone help please. It's so annoying, it's no like I'm struggling to kill all the badies, just stuck on a simple jump!

cheers

Solution
Same thing has happened to me in Battlefield 3. The only way to fix it is by restarting the mission, or by checking a YouTube walkthrough to see if you're doing it right ;)

Parvathaneni Datta

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
guys its too damn easy!!!
Right after you jump just leave all the controls and aim at the ladder.you will catch it automatically.remember dont touch the keyboard after jumping and dont forget to sprint before jumping....enjoy :)

Prosthetic

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
(Playing on PC) I had this same problem about 20 times but I got it. I sprinted, jumped, and as I was in the air I pressed E and grabbed onto the ladder. For other consoles, its the button you use to access the weapons crates and open doors.

Frann

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

FINALLY !!! Some one who actually made some sence ..... Thank You so Much

thesupe

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks !!! This worked first time

I DID IT !. I fell for two nights and kept checking here for answers. Honestly, I had over 200 attempts and it drove me nuts over two nights . I'm Using an Xbox360 not PC !.
I had to wait until they said "Jump Recker blah blah ". Then , stand well back and aim at the ladder with your gun ( I tried everything and the knife didn't work ). Aim at the ladder and Sprint pushing down on the toggle and click A to jump. Recker automatically catches hold of the ladder. In the end I don't know why I had the rags before, it was simple . My eyes popped out of my head. Then climb and be fast to take down a few snipers and flick the Explosive Charge and destroy the dam. This will help X Boxers and put them out of their misery . [/quotemsg]

Phazer1980

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hi I might be in the wrong place as I'm a ps3 user but I got slightly further than you. Not much though, I jumped to the ladder then I had to trigger the c4. The indicator said use the left directional button. No c4 trigger. Ever. What the?

While you are still at the first part of the mission, PIck up some C4 from a supply box and save. Then you will have the trigger for the dam.

philly 37

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014

rajkumar25raju

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014

yeah the same thng happend to me.I too tried too many times bt finally i got the solution.While jumping to ladder press the button"E" to catch the ladder.Thats it.Now go and try it out.

xgoofx

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
Make sure to Jump at the end of the walkway, look at your feet whilst running, this helps. I died 20 + times got it right after jumping at the last possible moment

phemark

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
It was my keyboard - it didnt allow holding SHIFT, W and pressing Space at the same time - switched to toggle run, and done in first try.... Only took like 20 goes...

The Easiest and only way how to do this:
While You are sprinting, take aim at the ladder and make sure too look upwards a bit ahead, before you jump off.

Actually I'm not even sure that one need to press the jump key, the important thing is to run while looking up.
It works every single time.
Best regards from Sweden

Kamal19

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Select knife as weapon, aim the mid of stairs, heads towards upside, sprint from a distance and press shift+w+space(at the edge of plateform to make jump)+w..w..w..w... . 100% you will get the ladder in single attempt. Good luck from KAMAL CHATURVEDI, INDIA.

Jun 20, 2014

just run and jump, do not sprint, (just w and space bar, no left shift)

Kamal19

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Select knife as weapon, aim the mid of stairs, heads towards upside, sprint from a distance and press shift+w+space(at the edge of plateform to make jump)+w..w..w..w... . 100% you will get the ladder in single attempt. Good luck from KAMAL CHATURVEDI, INDIA.

Kamal19

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016