[SOLVED] Battlefield 5 latency spikes and Internet speed question

demyansk

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2007
Hi,
I have a I7920 cpu, 1070 card, 12gb ram and run my desktop computer from digital storm wired through a Netgear new modem. I have always been able to game quite effectively until recently. I get these spikes in the game of where my ping jumps up to 200-300 and then drops down. I used to be able to play on servers with a ping rate of 80-110 with no problem. I even lowered the fps rates but no change. Nvidia thinks I should run everything on Ultra which I did for a long time with no problems. I think something's going on with the connection.

I have Spectrum cable and I am only running one device at a time while gaming. Firestick and tablets are off.

I did a speedtest and this is what I came up with
ms-14 download 23.4 Mbps=2.93 MB/s
Upload 2.64 Mbps=0.33 MB/s

I was wondering - When I call my cable company, could it be something with there system? I have no clue about my plan, it just says standard.

Any suggestions or next steps out there, greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
Its the same with me; not only am facing latency spikes, also facing network lag and data packet loss; this all started after an update a month ago... still facing those issues; oh and bdw, i have a 80 mbps connection, so no its not the isp but problem is with the game servers....
Its the same with me; not only am facing latency spikes, also facing network lag and data packet loss; this all started after an update a month ago... still facing those issues; oh and bdw, i have a 80 mbps connection, so no its not the isp but problem is with the game servers....

Solution

demyansk

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2007
Thanks Sohom, it must be EA with the way this game was designed. I played a few minutes ago and it was fine, picked a server with a 37 printout then I did get a few spikes but quickly went down.