'Battlefield Hardline' Open Beta Begins Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
"zzZZzz"

I was about to say, aren't people burnt out on FPS shooters yet? Hey I'm all for better FPS games but the rehash between Battlefield and COD is getting tiresome.

I said I was going to skip 4, I didn't.
This one is a skip though. They just stuck the Battlefield name on there for the brand association. It will be another buggy, disappointing EA release.

bscottjohnston

Honorable
Jan 29, 2015
The real ripoff comes in the form of EA controlled mods that used to be community created. Imagine paying $60.00 for Desert Combat. That's basically what you're doing here if/when you buy this game. I already have both Payday games as well as BF'42, 2, 3 and 4 with all the expansions. I'm not buying this mod.

Mike Coberly

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
This could have easily been a $30 DLC pack for BF4, yet they fully intend to ask full price (and more if you pre-order the super exclusive add-on extras garbage pack). Thanks; but no thanks.
Besides, EA is on my 'Never Buy From Again' list.

garrick

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
This could have easily been a $30 DLC pack for BF4, yet they fully intend to ask full price (and more if you pre-order the super exclusive add-on extras garbage pack). Thanks; but no thanks.
Besides, EA is on my 'Never Buy From Again' list.
they need to stop wasting resources on 360 and PS3. Seriously,

This isn't made by DICE so it can't really be considered a DLC.
It would be the same as the COD series with Treyarch and Infinity Ward putting out their COD games one after the other.

It's still under EA/DICE's purview seeing as it's their IP and uses their engine. It absolutely could be considered DLC. The only reason they offloaded it to Visceral is because DICE Stockholm (the main division) is working on Battlefront. They kicked BF4 off to DICE LA for the same reason.

James Tucker

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
The first Beta they had and the game felt exactly like like BF4 just with cops and robbers skin since the f*click up with bf4 on Pc gonna be long time until I buy another EA title

See Diablo: Hellfire
Expansion sets were sometimes created by other companies, back in the day.

I have that. Good ol' Sierra. Such a shame they've folded. Oh, well. I was just thinking about it the other day, too.

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
laaaaaammmeeeee.

EA needs to go somewhere and die. Its a corporate ponzi-scheme, not purveyors of well thought-out top-notch entertainment. Shame with all this resource pool they dont try and progress the gaming culture, but rather just leech from it.

"The full version of the game is expected to hit retail shelves on March 17 in North America, March 19 in Europe and March 20 in the UK."

Might be the full version, but is it the full game or just 1/6th of the game with 5 DLC incoming. So the actual price is ~$135 by the time you have what was a complete game before segmentation?

singemagique

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
Honestly, how can anyone be excited about this? After the bug ridden multiplayer and luke warm campaign that was BF4, I will not be buying another BF, or EA, game. It's really a shame too because BF1942, BF2, and BFBC2 were among my favorite FPS games of all times. EA has really dropped the ball with this franchise and anything that was ever good about BF has now eroded away. : /

Mike Coberly

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

Please read what I wrote again, (eg. "could have been" not "this is a DLC")

I read what you wrote but you're still missing the point: this is BF4 through cop glasses and little else. That could easily make it a DLC or whatever you want to call it. It's really no different than what they did with BFBC2 Vietnam. Having EA ask a full $60 for it plus the cost of game DLC is laughable.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009

I couldn't agree more with you. I am playing the Beta and I can't see how they could even have the gul to try and charge ppl full price for a game that could have been like what BFBC2 Vietnam pack was. This could have easly been an add on for BF4. The only CROOKS in this game is EA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.