Apr 5, 2021
so my pc 7 year old pentium b950 cpu was running perfectly fine two hours ago i left so javascript running that i did myself i come back to see it boot looping and getting the stopcode of BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO so i pull out automatic repair and get that running no help then the pc gets UNBEARABLY LAGGY like it takes minutes to load the command prompt in advanced recovery options i was going to do a ckdisk command did not work anyway. i reboot the pc seeing if it has mabey found a way to fix itself and i am now stuck in the eternal boot loop of and i quote "YOUR PC/DEVICE NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED" "the Boot Configuration Data for your pc is missing or contains errors" File:\Boot\BCD
Error code:0xc000014c
You'll need recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (disc or usb) bah bah you get the point How do i fix this and what could have causes this pls help

Solution
I think your hdd probably needs to be replaced (like PC) as if its 7 years old and still on original drive and has been getting laggy, I think hdd is dying. Its had a good life, they don't last forver.

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
Sorry for your pain. If you can boot from DVD or USB drive you could try Boot Repair Disk. I have used it on various occasions to get me out of trouble. I can't guarantee it will fix your problem though unfortunately.

That may fix your booting issue, but not really sure what may have caused it. Maybe back up your disk drive, to preserve any files and data, then wipe and re-install the operating system. Then you could copy your files and data back from the backup drive if needed.

Of course that all takes time, only you can decide how necessary your files and data are. Are you running some version of MS Windows?

{GoofyOne's 2c worth, which may or may not be actually worth 2c}

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021
i got a help request on discord i know nothing about the inner workings of windows but the picture was a RED screen of death
IMG_20210405_130749.jpg

Apr 5, 2021
Sorry for your pain. If you can boot from DVD or USB drive you could try Boot Repair Disk. I have used it on various occasions to get me out of trouble. I can't guarantee it will fix your problem though unfortunately.

That may fix your booting issue, but not really sure what may have caused it. Maybe back up your disk drive, to preserve any files and data, then wipe and re-install the operating system. Then you could copy your files and data back from the backup drive if needed.

Of course that all takes time, only you can decide how necessary your files and data are. Are you running some version of MS Windows?

{GoofyOne's 2c worth, which may or may not be actually worth 2c}
so i tried running it Bios boot manager will not recognise it

Colif

Win 11 Master
Well, hdd can be overwritten right?

Windows errors often don't use the best language. Some are difficult to understand, like the GPT error you get during windows setup if your PC has MBR is written by aliens.

its not fake, rsod do exist that look like that. You just can't find many of them on Google

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think your hdd probably needs to be replaced (like PC) as if its 7 years old and still on original drive and has been getting laggy, I think hdd is dying. Its had a good life, they don't last forver.

Solution