[SOLVED] be quiet! Pure Loop (360mm) installation questions

Sig_Dude

Prominent
Dec 18, 2021
I have a few installation questions regarding the be quiet! Pure Loop (360mm):

1. Does the radiator come pre-filled and topped up with coolant?

2. Where do I connect the 2-conductor cable that originates at the CPU block?

3. I installed the (3) fans to pull air from inside the case, push it across the radiator, and exhaust it out the top of the case. Is this correct?

Thanks for any replies, as always.

Solution
1)Yes, and no.
Yes, they are prefilled. Really nice of them to provide a bottle of premixed coolant. Store it somewhere for later use(after a couple years or so).
No, they are not completely topped off; there is a small amount of air present. If they were completely filled, changes in pressure would make it burst, and then you'd be left with an expensive mess to clean...

2)What is a 2-conductor cable? I don't see this anywhere in the manual.
Originates at the CPU block? I see a single cable extending from the cpu block...

You're probably referring to one of the splitter cable accessories. There is a Y cable provided that you can use to daisy-chain all 3 fans and connect them to a single header on the motherboard - preferably CPU_FAN...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Yes, and no.
Yes, they are prefilled. Really nice of them to provide a bottle of premixed coolant. Store it somewhere for later use(after a couple years or so).
No, they are not completely topped off; there is a small amount of air present. If they were completely filled, changes in pressure would make it burst, and then you'd be left with an expensive mess to clean...

Originates at the CPU block? I see a single cable extending from the cpu block...

You're probably referring to one of the splitter cable accessories. There is a Y cable provided that you can use to daisy-chain all 3 fans and connect them to a single header on the motherboard - preferably CPU_FAN, but it's not like the other headers won't work either.
There is a dual 3pin x SATA adapter you can use where you take the cables from the cpu block and the pump, and plug them to the 3pin ends. The SATA end of the adapter plugs direct to a psu SATA cable.

3)That's one of the ways to install it, yes.

Reactions: Sig_Dude
Solution

Sig_Dude

Prominent
Dec 18, 2021
1)Yes, and no.

You're probably referring to one of the splitter cable accessories. There is a Y cable provided that you can use to daisy-chain all 3 fans and connect them to a single header on the motherboard - preferably CPU_FAN, but it's not like the other headers won't work either.
There is a dual 3pin x SATA adapter you can use where you take the cables from the cpu block and the pump, and plug them to the 3pin ends. The SATA end of the adapter plugs direct to a psu SATA cable.

3)That's one of the ways to install it, yes.

2-conductor meaning two individual wires forming one cable. For example: 0VDC and +5VDC.

An example of a 3-conductor cable is Romex in a house: 115 VAC (hot), neutral, and ground.

Reactions: Phaaze88