be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim CPU Cooler Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It was a good value. Right now I'd step up to the Deepcool Gammaxx 400. Or, if you're not afraid to pay more for a cleaner look, the Shadow Rock Slim.

Clearly, you are not understanding what I'm saying. If I test two coolers using the same controlled environment, I cannot use a test from a third, unrelated environment to offer as a comparison to the two coolers I've tested. Results will not be comparable. In order for results to be comparable, and thus, realistically can be included on a chart that shows comparisons of their performance, they must ALL be tested using similar methods. The ambient temperature of the room, the platform (As much as possible, same chipset, motherboard, cpu, clock speed settings, voltage, etc.), same test structure (Stress test utility, applications, game titles), and measurement tools must ALL be the same or the results ARE useless when compared to each other.

If I test the Noctua NH-U14S on my system, and you test it on your system, the results are not going to be comparable as there will be too many unlike variables at play. So yes, unless one of the websites you post a review from was done by Crashman, who tested all these coolers for the Tom's Hardware USA website, on the same bench with the same variables as were present for the other tests, they would ALL be useless, or at least, not fundamentally comparable.

Spotnick

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
You claim the testers they don't have air conditions and they don't try to make the conditions to look the same in every test they giving you the Ambient that the test was made and you can verify their results!? I don’t understand your logic.

PS Crashman enything below NH-D14 dosen't worth your time or your money the summer is coming.

You may want to rethink that statement. If you feel you have to spend top dollar on a cooler, that's your prerogative. But please don't spread that myth around here. Plenty of people, including me, have been overclocking CPUs on coolers far smaller and cheaper than the D14, even in the summer. Everyone has a different setup with different cooling needs, and not everyone wants or needs to spend as much on a cooler as they do on their mboard.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You saw me run this cooler:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deepcool-gammaxx-400-slim-tower-cpu-cooler,4460-2.html
In the SBM. It performed flawlessly, and for comparatively little money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.