[SOLVED] be quiet! Silent Base 802 Case, or alternative for 45mm wide radiator

Jul 23, 2021
I was looking into buying a new case in which I could install water cooling. I bought last year the Alphacool NexXxiS XT45 360mm Radiator V.2 and the smaller one 240mm XT45 V.2 since I planned to cool my GPU and CPU. I was expecting a "normal" GPU release and where I could get a new GPU since it wasn´t the case with GPU selling out like hot buns. I decided after getting only the Ryzen 5900x to use the big 360mm just for the CPU alone after all GPUs were hard to get and my momentarily GPU GTX970 seemed "good" enough for most games.
( I am going to use NF-F12 fans and NF-S12A that I already use on my old Case for fans)

Now to the problem, I know there are Cases like the O11 Dynamic XL that can easily fit a 360mm x 45mm big radiator but the price seemed a little too high for me. After watching some reviews, I found the new Silent Base 802 Case to be really good, but I just can´t find any information if a 360mm x 45mm thick radiator would fit into it. (Because of clearance to the motherboard not because it is a 360mm)

So if anyone can find or knows some information, it would be awesome and at the same time if you know good Cases that can fit in a 45mm thick radiator and maybe in the future a second 240mm radiator let me know.

Radiator dimensions: 395,5 x 124 x 45mm

Solution
the Silent Base 802 is designed to house a radiator + fans in the top so you will not have trouble fitting.
doing a quick google image search you will see many of them with comfortably fitted top mounted setups.
it is a bit taller than my Dark Base 700 and i had no issue with motherboard or RAM clearance with a top mounted AIO.

you can also see in this image that the mounting points are located more towards the center of the top.
so large heatsinks, etc can possibly even fit next to the fans\radiator with room.
A68VS2011138G6is.jpg

it's a very nice case.
my Fractal Design Vector RS is also nice, but i wish i had waited a couple months and seen the Silent Base 802.
the Silent Base 802 is designed to house a radiator + fans in the top so you will not have trouble fitting.
doing a quick google image search you will see many of them with comfortably fitted top mounted setups.
it is a bit taller than my Dark Base 700 and i had no issue with motherboard or RAM clearance with a top mounted AIO.

you can also see in this image that the mounting points are located more towards the center of the top.
so large heatsinks, etc can possibly even fit next to the fans\radiator with room.
A68VS2011138G6is.jpg

it's a very nice case.
my Fractal Design Vector RS is also nice, but i wish i had waited a couple months and seen the Silent Base 802.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS