News be quiet! Teases New AIO With Double-Decoupled Pump

gamergeek

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Perhaps a dumb question, but if the pumps are inline, from what exactly are they decoupled?

It mostly refers to the fact its not attached directly to the CPU cooling plate or directly to the radiator. Attaching it to the radiator presents many problems, partly that increasing the size of the radiator to fit a pump may interfere with mounting options. Attaching it directly to the CPU cooling plate is not allowed because Asetek holds a patent for that.

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
It mostly refers to the fact its not attached directly to the CPU cooling plate or directly to the radiator...Attaching it directly to the CPU cooling plate is not allowed because Asetek holds a patent for that.
Makes sense, thanks. I suppose the USPTO once again missed the "non-obvious" requirement for awarding a patent.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
By putting the pump in line they decouple the vibration from either the coldplate/motherboard and the radiator to reduce the vibration potentially transferred to the case.

haha, the real reason is that they put the pump with the block, they will need to pay fees and royalties to Asetek. The rest are just marketing.

However, I do prefer the pump outside the block. The main issue with AIO is that the channels are way too narrow.

.... Attaching it directly to the CPU cooling plate is not allowed because Asetek holds a patent for that.

Actually it is allowed, but you have to pay Asetek licensing fees to do so.

I have to wonder if dodging those license fees is what's allowing beQuiet to put these on offer at such low price points. I can't wait for reviews as they'll be a compelling alternative if the performance lives up to beQuiet standards. And I really like the understated styling that eschews RGB bling, although I expect that will inevitably come in the future.

.... The main issue with AIO is that the channels are way too narrow.

AIO radiator channels can be so narrow because pump is low capacity. It's really the low capacity pumps that's the issue. While I hope this is a good AIO, I pretty well doubt it will be in the CCL class with high capacity pumps and hi-flow rad's.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS