[SOLVED] Beast gaming pc, but i get low fps

Dave1710

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
I have a really good pc and I don’t get enough fps. For an example Fortnite running in 40-50 fps(on ultra graphics) and League of Legends 40-50 fps(on default graphics) when there are a lot of entities in screen. Here is a list of specs:

PSU: Seasonic S12II-620 bronze 620w
CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 2700
GPU: Asus Radeon RX570
MoBo: Asrock b450 steel legend
Ram: HyperX Predator 8gb DDR4 2933Mhz
SSD: Kingston 500gb

I’m assuming all drivers are installed. I installed the chipset driver, gpu driver. I don’t know what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
I have them on slot 2 and 4

Hmm, okay. It could be that there's background programs using some CPU resources, or a framerate limiter, but then you'd be getting a solid framerate. My Ryzen 7 2700 causes framerate drops when something like Windows Update decided to download updates, or Ryzen Master thinks it's so smart and maxes out one of my cores.

Dave1710

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
The single stick of ram is holding you back.
Ryzen needs dual channel ram. 2validated matching sticks in one kit.
It makes a 10% to 30% difference in performance depending on game or program.
Thank you for the response. I’m pretty sure I have dual channel memory. I’ve two sticks of the same product, not only one.

Defenestrator IX

Prominent
May 10, 2019
I have them on slot 2 and 4

Hmm, okay. It could be that there's background programs using some CPU resources, or a framerate limiter, but then you'd be getting a solid framerate. My Ryzen 7 2700 causes framerate drops when something like Windows Update decided to download updates, or Ryzen Master thinks it's so smart and maxes out one of my cores.

Solution