Question Beast Machine for 5000 dollars on current gen products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2022
Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: Up to $180 a month through affirm.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Use of RPCS3 with RSX threading support and support for games normally not handled properly by lower end pcs, leading to emulator instability, FIFO freezing and crashing. Maximum compatibility and performance for this. (My current pc does not handle this with the games I desire to play)

Are you buying a monitor: Maybe

Parts to Upgrade: None, Building an entirely new PC from scratch.

Do you need to buy OS:
Yes! Windows 11 Pro

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.com only, all consolidated into one purchase for affirm payment

Boise, ID, USA... not that I'm buying from a retail store, that is.

Parts Preferences: Doesn't matter, just needs to be flat out a beast.

Overclocking: I don't know if this is a good idea.

SLI or Crossfire: Don't know what this is.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080... I would prefer Higher res with bigger monitor if possible.

Additional Comments: Software: Intensive Emulators (RPCS3/4, Yuzu/Ryujinx), Intensive Games run at 4K res with smooth fps, etc.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: (Was planning on it for a while, then out my PCI ports began having errors until they finally went kaput. Thus, a new pc is needed soon before the whole system goes kaput)

Here's my build: (1 part currently out of price range. (The motherboard, need a similar one with same or better specs))

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bnthomason/saved/#view=PtwfdC

This is the best beast I could conjure up with what's available in the market. Why are so many latest gen parts unavailable?

also, I am not buying used parts, only brand new. But I am not buying next gen (I will have to wait 6 months to buy them for the stability side, otherwise, I'm basically testing the waters with the latest parts, and that can be BAD), just current gen, which has already been tested and the glitches and compatibilities have been resolved.

Basically, I have 1 shot to make a beast pc with compatible parts. Since it's through affirm, this is my 1 chance to make it right.

Also, EDIT: I can't wait 6 months either, my current computer is readying to give up the ghost!

Last edited:
Your parts list is private, it cannot be viewed.
Here's a new one.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor ($548.86 @ Adorama)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($157.99 @ Best Buy)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II ATX AM4 Motherboard ($329.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($300.51 @ Amazon)
Storage: *Seagate FireCuda 520 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($1629.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Torrent RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($246.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: *EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 1600 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($349.99 @ EVGA)
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49.0" 5120x1440 240 Hz Curved Monitor ($1199.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $4944.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-09-12 00:07 EDT-0400

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS