[SOLVED] Been with Apple for two years now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarphd

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
I just wanted to say and I never thought I would, I am happy with all the Apple Products I have bought. Between my MacBook and 27" iMac older version, I must admit that I have gone to every site imaginable and I have never had a virus or slowness in my computer. Every has been working as good as when I first bought it. I had an HP Envy that was a 3D laptop cost me over 1500, and just after my warranty expired 2 years, my battery won't hold a charge and now it states my computer is over heating, HP has been no help, always sending me to India or the Philippines. My daughter had a XPS desktop, only lasted over 4 years, but remember this was their top of line computer, and only 4 years. My last HP pavilion lasted 5 years and 4 months, but I only paid 600 at Staples. People who have PC always remind me to buy the cheapest laptop or desktop because on average it might last between 3 to 4 years before virus, component failures, etc occurs. This way you are only out a few bucks and you won't be so angry because for 4 years of service at 600 dollars is a good deal if that is what you prefer. I learned the hard way by investing 1500 and 1800 dollars. Now that I am with Apple, I can do whatever I want, any site, no damn viruses, and the average Apple user that I know still have their computer working after 5 , 7 and even old 10 years desktop. You get what you pay for and remember I hated Apple just because I felt it was for all those nerds and the cost and no 3rd parties but now I enjoy my system and I rather pay more but know that I can avoid viruses and I have a well made computer. Just my take and experiences.

Solution
There's zero evidence that proves that Macs won't get viruses. In fact with more and more people using Mac OS it's quite the opposite. We live in an age where there's literally 150 different operating systems to choose from and we're all on the same internet. Doesn't matter if it's Android, iOS, Windows 8, Windows 7, Blackberry OS, Web OS, any Linux distribution - any operating system you pick is not going to be more virus free than the next. Are you less likely? Sure. But the key word is "less". Doesn't mean you are completely immune. It's naive to think that Mac OS is not prone to viruses, you're just as likely as the next user to get one. We're all part of the same internet.

Vosgy

Honorable
Nov 24, 2014
I have a PC I built myself 4 years ago running strong the one I built 8 years ago is also running strong. Anecdotal evidence begets anecdotal evidence.
Nice to know you've found products that work for you though, still be careful about viruses though had to clean 140+ ones of one of our employees Mac book just last week, had a PC user in the same boat too, that one was more of a pain because I had to fix it via remote connection, damn off site workers.

g-unit1111

Titan
There's zero evidence that proves that Macs won't get viruses. In fact with more and more people using Mac OS it's quite the opposite. We live in an age where there's literally 150 different operating systems to choose from and we're all on the same internet. Doesn't matter if it's Android, iOS, Windows 8, Windows 7, Blackberry OS, Web OS, any Linux distribution - any operating system you pick is not going to be more virus free than the next. Are you less likely? Sure. But the key word is "less". Doesn't mean you are completely immune. It's naive to think that Mac OS is not prone to viruses, you're just as likely as the next user to get one. We're all part of the same internet.

Solution
^ agreed, I have known many people starting to get malware as now macs are starting to become targeted more for viruses. Windows is far more prone to viruses simply because there are far more viruses which are out there for them.

For Macs, if you ever went on torrent sites before your bound to have some sort of virus already.

ToineF

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014
I work in technical support and I see little malware and spyware on macs once in a while. Nothing huge, but they are out there.

If you are a professional or a gamer you need a PC, if you are a computer noob, than mac will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.