Question Beep Sound On Startup. Please Help

Jul 14, 2021
I'm New Here. Sorry For My English.I Used POST Beep option On In my bios Since I Build my computer(9months ago).Before I Didn't heard any beep sound at the startup. Today while i'm using computer(after turning computer on) i heard one long beep(nonstop one)I had no idea where it came from.I Turned Off my computer and checked inside of the computer. There was a gecko.I Removed him and turned computer on.Now I can hear 1 short beep when computer starts and computer boots up normally.I Checked several times and i can hear that 1 short beep at the start up everytime and booting normally.No Beep when i turn POST beep off.
I want to know what is that 1 short beep sound means according to my motherboard? , why i didn't heard it before? and are there any issues now?
My Specs:
MotherBoard:B460M PRO-VDH WIFI
CPU:Intel Core i5 10400
RAM:2x8GB ADATA 2666MHz
GPU:Asus RX5500xt
128GB SSD(Hikvision m.2 PCie E1000)+500GB Toshiba HDD+2TB Toshiba HDD
Hope You Can Help Me.
Thank You Very Much.

Ralston18

Titan
Reactions: pues123
Jul 14, 2021
Thank You For Replying

Yes This One.

I'm Confused. I saw some sites are saying 1 beep means DRAM refresh failure.
that means,
1 beep + Boot fail or No Display = DRAM refresh failure.
1 beep + Boot = System Boot Successful.

Am I Right?

Also I Didn't Heard That Beep Sound On Startup Before. Does that mean something is wrong?

I Had Some Random Crashes Before. At First It Was Like 1 Crash For 1 Month, Then 1 Crash For 1 Week. and Later 2,3 Crashes Per Day. It All Got Fixed When I Add New SSD+ Fresh Windows Installation .I Used Computer Without Problem For Around 1 Month(No Crashes).And Today This NonStop Beep happend while using computer. Is There any Connection Between this nonstop beep and previously crashed incident?

Ralston18

Titan
You are dealing with an intermittent problem and that makes troubleshooting difficult.

For the most part, an intermittent problem is likely something loose. Thus sometimes all works and sometimes only works partially or not at all.

My approach would be to power down, unplug, and open the case again.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM (especially RAM), and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Clean out dust and debris as necessary.

Use a bright flashlight to carefully and fully inspect for signs of physical damage. Gecko may have physically damaged something. They are small and light - but strong.

Or, one drop of gecko pee/pooh in the wrong place could be causing a short or otherwise disrupting connectivity somewhere.

May have gotten zapped a bit and "nature happened".

Reactions: pues123
Jul 14, 2021
You are dealing with an intermittent problem and that makes troubleshooting difficult.

For the most part, an intermittent problem is likely something loose. Thus sometimes all works and sometimes only works partially or not at all.

My approach would be to power down, unplug, and open the case again.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM (especially RAM), and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Clean out dust and debris as necessary.

Use a bright flashlight to carefully and fully inspect for signs of physical damage. Gecko may have physically damaged something. They are small and light - but strong.

Or, one drop of gecko pee/pooh in the wrong place could be causing a short or otherwise disrupting connectivity somewhere.

May have gotten zapped a bit and "nature happened".
Thank You For The Information.

I'm Confused. I saw some sites are saying 1 beep means DRAM refresh failure.
that means,
1 beep + Boot fail or No Display = DRAM refresh failure.
1 beep + Boot = System Boot Successful.

Am I Right?

Ralston18

Titan
Confusing yes.

Two results:

Single beep + success

or

Single beep + failure

But it is an intermittent error because the system sometimes successfully boots and provides the single beep accordingly. Or fails with a single beep.

That "DRAM refresh failure" may be correct.

So focus the internal case examination in and around the RAM and RAM slots...