BEFW11S4 Firmware

I recently "updgraded" the firmware in my Linksys BEFW11S4 to version
1.45.xx and now I get fairly regular disconnects where I have to either
reboot my machine or power cycle the router to get it back. This is the
only thing that changed on my system so I know its the firware update that
did it. Does anyone know where I can get a back level firmware for this
router? I have version 3 of the hardware.

Thanks

Lance

Arn Cota said the following on 9/10/2004 4:57 AM:
> I recently "updgraded" the firmware in my Linksys BEFW11S4 to version
> 1.45.xx and now I get fairly regular disconnects where I have to either
> reboot my machine or power cycle the router to get it back. This is the
> only thing that changed on my system so I know its the firware update that
> did it. Does anyone know where I can get a back level firmware for this
> router? I have version 3 of the hardware.
>
> Thanks

The BEFW11S4 1.45 firmware upgrade is an important one that fixes a
security problem (among other things).

Please try a hard reset of the router before you roll back to a previous
firmware version. This will reset all settings to factory defaults, so
write down any settings unique to your system (WEP keys, mac filters,
forwarded ports, etc).

To do a hard reset, hold down the recessed reset button in the back of
the unit for a "long time". You may need something like a pen/pencil to
make sure the button is completely depressed. "Long time" means 5-30
seconds depending who you talk to. A quick press of the button will not
work, this is equivalent to just a power reset.

Lance
*****

"Arn Cota" <acota@nc.rr.com> wrote in

> I recently "updgraded" the firmware in my Linksys BEFW11S4 to version
> 1.45.xx and now I get fairly regular disconnects where I have to
> either reboot my machine or power cycle the router to get it back.
> This is the only thing that changed on my system so I know its the
> firware update that did it. Does anyone know where I can get a back
> level firmware for this router? I have version 3 of the hardware.
>
> Thanks

You can call Linksys Tech Support and they will give you there FTP site
where previous versions are kept or they can email it to you. It's not a
good practice to up date firmware unless there is a fix for something
you're having problems with, as you can see it may lead to problems. The
old saying is if it's not broke, then don't fix it --- concerning firmware.

Duane :)