Question Beginner's question about gaming laptop

Rudigarcia222

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
Hi guys first sorry for my my english.

Also first time that I'll own a laptop so I don't know even the basic.
I'm looking a gaming laptop. My budget is max 1000 euro. Don't know much and don't really care about amd/Intel or the laptop name manufacture I just want sth trustworthy that will endure as many years as possible. Also I won't upgrade it with extra ram or ssd so don't care about this matter either.
So

1)of course I don't expect ultra graphics. With a 1050/1050 ti would I be able to run normal/30fps you know like a console (xbox one /ps4) kind power? I play mostly turn-based games. (Xcom 2- divinity 2-valkyrie chronicles 4).
2)as a title does gaming laptop even exist in action ? I mean has anyone actually using for years a gaming laptop with good results. (Ι know that the overall experience would probably be lesser ofcourse)

3)what is the deal with heat? I see all these negative comments even on popular msi or Asus expensive machines on Amazon. Is it like a general fact that they get hot?

4)is a base/cooler a must buy? Also how much a value for money cost?

5)i see that they don't name the Gpu. This is how it works in laptop??Just the general name 1050 without the company??

6)anything else I should be careful before buying it?

7) Lenovo /msi/hp/dell. Which manufacturers have a good name.? and give me specific suggestion in my 1000 European budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there are lots of people using gaming laptops, not as good as a desktop of course but if you need to be portable with your computer and can only have one, you won't have much choice.

Heat is there for gaming setups, can't get away from that. You have a high performance system using power in a small package with limited cooling options.

Cooler is a good idea, can help to reduce heat.

GPU is from the actual vendor since it's for laptops, so nVidia or AMD. For laptops they are setup to be integrated into the motherboard so there is no brands like for desktop cards.

I would go with MSI/Asus/Clevo models for gaming setup. Models would have to be specific to your country and where you can purchase them from.