Behind the Scenes Look at How Google Improves Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Coulda swore the secret was a Foxconn warehouse full of pre-teen Chinese kids slaving away to answer Google search requests. Disappointed....

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I think it's more that they've cached everything you've ever done and then some since their beginning, across all services, and then cross referenced all that information creating a unique yet robust algorithm that is specifically targeted based off the general category you fall under as a Netizen.

Google - There's an Algorithm for that...

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Many times I try to find a review for something, the search finds those sites that pretend to have reviews, but they actually try to sell the stuff.

Could Google find a way to deal with those fake review sites?

G

Proof that Google had as mind-numbing meetings as any company. 10 people talking and 30 people sitting being useless.

zachusaman

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Coulda swore the secret was a Foxconn warehouse full of pre-teen Chinese kids slaving away to answer Google search requests. Disappointed....[/citation]
your thinking of isearch

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
It's .1% of queries and they're wasting the time of dozens of people trying to fix it? I'd have shelved it off the bat with a memo saying "not statistically significant enough to warrant resource allocation towards solution".

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
[citation][nom]iamtheking123[/nom]It's .1% of queries and they're wasting the time of dozens of people trying to fix it? I'd have shelved it off the bat with a memo saying "not statistically significant enough to warrant resource allocation towards solution".[/citation]

Well, if they have 1000+ years of labor into the algorithm, then 0.1% of the searches deserve 8760+ man-hours of attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.